What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Mini Restore

judejitsu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am currenlt using a jailbroken iPad mini on iOS 6.0.2 however, I have bought a few Cydia applications in Cydia which I find useful (RetinaPad, Nitrous etc),

Although my current setup is okay, I would like to restore it to factory settings on either iOS 6.0.2 or 6.1.2 to have it jailbroken again. I have been searching in forums but I am not sure if TinyUmbrella will do the job.

Any ideas on how to restore my iPad on ios 6.0.2 or 6.1.2? I have tried semi restore but somehow there are remnants that were not deleted during the so-called restore ehich makes my device act up sometimes.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am currenlt using a jailbroken iPad mini on iOS 6.0.2 however, I have bought a few Cydia applications in Cydia which I find useful (RetinaPad, Nitrous etc),

Although my current setup is okay, I would like to restore it to factory settings on either iOS 6.0.2 or 6.1.2 to have it jailbroken again. I have been searching in forums but I am not sure if TinyUmbrella will do the job.

Any ideas on how to restore my iPad on ios 6.0.2 or 6.1.2? I have tried semi restore but somehow there are remnants that were not deleted during the so-called restore ehich makes my device act up sometimes.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I'm afraid you can't restore your Mini to anything iOS 6 related. That window is long gone and the only iOS that you can restore to is iOS 7.0.2.

If you want to keep the iPad jail broken at that iOS, yet want to "clean it up," have you looked at iLEX R.A.T. to do so? It came out before Semi-Restore and also does the same thing (some might even say it does it better ... I've not tried either). See this link here for more details: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hack...-tweaks-without-restoring-rejailbreaking.html

Again, if that doesn't work for you, your only options are to stay as you are or upgrade to iOS 7 and wait for a jail break there.

Marilyn

P.S. And, since you talk about a jail broken iPad, I've taken the liberty of moving your post over to the Hacking section. *Thanks for your understanding.*

Last edited:
OP
J

judejitsu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have tried ILEX RAT before as well and it doesn't clean up a few things as well. After running it, there are remnants of the applications which installed settings in the Settinggs menu. Also, it doesn't delete other junks in the iOS system. Semi restore was promising if only it can delete everything without any remnants.

If that's the case then i'll just continue with the staggered iOS 6. iOS 7 looks promising to me however, a lot of hangs and instability issues are bigger than minor hiccupsmon my iOS 6.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's impossible to completely remove all remnants. With iFile and a handful of other tweaks, they modify the stock iOS. For the same reason that Siriports are not removed and should not be on your device when using either Semirestore or ILEX R.A.T., the portions of the core system that are modified are not the easiest parts to clean up. After using ILEX R.A.T., run iCleaner (installing it fresh) and most of the remnant files will be removed since they're no longer in use.

The only options you have are to use ILEX R.A.T. or Semirestore, or upgrade to 7.0.2 without a jailbreak for the next few months to half a year.

Most reactions

Latest posts