What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad mini not on the wireless network

eran185

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
I Do not want to surf on the wireless network, I want to connect the Ipad mini to my desktop computer
Is it possiable ?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I do not believe it is possible to access the internet through your desktop.

What is wrong with wifi that you prefer not to use it? If you let us know your concerns we may be able to find a workaround.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I do not believe it is possible to access the internet through your desktop.

What is wrong with wifi that you prefer not to use it? If you let us know your concerns we may be able to find a workaround.

Correct, Kevin. It's not possible to use a wired connection to access the Internet on an iPad. There are two ways to access the Internet on a WiFi iPad. One is to use the WiFi signal from a regular WiFi router or the personal hotspot from your phone or other device capable of generating the WiFi hotspot. The second way is by using the Bluetooth signal from the personal hotspot, instead of the WiFi signal.

OP
E

eran185

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do not have a wireless network at home, and I still want to browse on the iPad

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do not have a wireless network at home, and I still want to browse on the iPad

The only option that I can think of, is if your home computer has wireless facility and it can be used as a wireless hotspot. If it does have wifi, what OS are you using?

Suddenly, I think to myself that it isn't the only option! However your connection is delivered to your computer you can install a wireless router which will deliver a signal for your iPad.

The Archangel

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I do not have a wireless network at home

If you connect a wireless router to your home Internet connection, you'll have one. You can then use your devices in any room in the house without needing wired connections.

Most reactions