What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Play Video/ Photos on TV Wirelessly

Geoffsri

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do I watch videos and photos and cast my IPAD screen on my TV wirelessly, I have Chromecast & Miracast Dongles a Roku stick and a Kodi box all connected to the same wireless network as my IPAD Mini.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, AirPlay is Apple's proprietary technology for connecting an iDevice wirelessly to a TV using their AppleTV - I have a Roku device which does not provide AirPlay; suspect that your other devices may not be compatible. Now, Apple has licensed the streaming technology but often just for audio transmission, such as speakers - see quote below (Source).

Hopefully, others may 'chime in' w/ comments and advice. Dave :)

AirPlay wireless technology is integrated into speaker docks, AV receivers, and stereo systems from companies such as Bose, Yamaha, Philips, Marantz, Bowers & Wilkins, Pioneer, Sony, McIntosh, and Denon.[9] Song titles, artists, album names, elapsed and remaining time, and album artwork can appear on AirPlay-enabled speakers with graphical displays. Often these receivers are built to only support the audio component of AirPlay, much like AirTunes.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you search the App Store for "chromecast," you'll find a number of apps that will stream video from your iPad. I don't know if they do screen mirroring.

Most reactions