What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad mini att installment plan?

HUNTER1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just called att with their installment plan. A mini 3 with 64gb will cost me an additional $42 a month to my monthly phone bill for 20 months. This plan includes wifi/4g. My gift card store just don't have the device I need, you think the att plan sounds fair? thanks

speedlever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
$840? Umm, unless I'm missing something, that sounds a lot higher than the $499 list price of the 64GB mini3/wifi. If you're on a family share plan with data, you already have a free mobile hotspot. No need for a Mini3 with cellular. I use my Galaxy S4 all the time in hotspot mode to enable my mini2/wifi to get online. It just uses data from the data pie of the family plan.

Don't get roped into something you neither need nor want. Now if you need cellular, the 64Gb mini3 cellular is $629. I dunno, but it seems to me you're getting ready to spend a whole lot more than that $400 card you have... which is fine if that's what you need and want and can afford.

Are you free to share the store that you have a gift card with that doesn't carry what you're looking for?

OP
H

HUNTER1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The gift card store is RCWILLEY here in Las Vegas, huge electronic store where I buy most of my electronics. They don't have the mini 2, only the mini 3 16gb and 64gb. The 16g is not recommended so my option is only 64g which they have it priced at $600. Att doesn't even have the mini 2 or 32g on a mini 3, so again my option is 64g. To be able to do the installment I need to go with 20 month plan. The breakdown on the price is $31 for the device and additional $10 for the cellular plan for 20 months. Actually the device has no interest, it's the cellular plan that's jacking up the price.

speedlever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So that we're talking about the same device, let me post the current offerings for the mini 2/3 as of the date of this posting:
TEyXUXv.png

Questions for you:
1) Do you need cellular? If not, see question 2.
2) Can you order from their online store and use your gift card? If so, they have the iPad mini2/32GB wifi in space gray:
http://www.rcwilley.com/Electronics...tina-Display-Wi-Fi-32GB---Space-Gray-View.jsp

$349 is the price. They may have it in silver too, but I didn't check.

Apple has confused things with their naming conventions. The iPad mini with retina display is the same thing as the iPad mini 2. So if you see an iPad mini with retina display, 32Gb wifi for $349, that is the one you are looking for.

If you go back to that link for the iPad comparisons earlier in the thread, look at the iPad mini description (it's to the right of the iPad mini2 pictured above but I snipped the mini from the screenshot). Looking down the list of features, you will see that retina display is not checked.

Last edited:
OP
H

HUNTER1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't need the cellular for the Mini it mostly home use. I looked at the rcwilley website, I see the $349 for 32gb with retina display but I'm not sure if that exactly the mini 2. When I called them and asked if that was the 2, they couldn't tell me exactly. It could just be the first one. They have those at the store, is there a way of telling if it's 2 or 3 at the back of the device? I think I need to go there in person, they don't seem to know their products or just didn't want to bother on the phone. Thanks for taking the time putting up all the information, I'll definitely take the cheaper route, if I can with $400 budget.

OP
H

HUNTER1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ok I'll go down there tomorrow and check it out, really hope that's what it is, saves me a lot.

OP
H

HUNTER1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Got my Mini 3 64gb with cellular in gold color. Unfortunately I had to go with the installment plan, the wife took the gift card and she wanted me to get this one. Oh we'll, she's paying for it. Here it is, still in the box.

nathan.kindle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Also double check with att when you open a new line of service they give you a 100 credit. I did the mini2 with wifi and 4g 32 g. It was 479 plus tax so just under 500 then knock off the hundred it was 400. I payed it off with in the month and I can drop the the data plan if I like. So for the 400 to me it was a deal since the 2 and 3 are so much alike. I think they now give a 150 for opening a new line but I could be wrong.

OP
H

HUNTER1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I asked at the store for a new line credit and said there's nothing, but I'll call att and ask them, thanks

nathan.kindle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I asked at the store for a new line credit and said there's nothing, but I'll call att and ask them, thanks

Ahh man I hope you get it. I just happen to have saw the advertisement at a best buy and asked when I went to att but that was about 1 month ago also att have/ had a very quiet promotion going on where if you have 10g they would bump you up to 15 for free but you had to ask( I think it should have been automatic) not sure if that promotion is still any good. This was just after they had the 20gs for the price of 10. I try to keep up with all their changes and promotions especially since T-Mobile and sprint are presenting such great offers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
H

HUNTER1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Called att, the promotion applies only if you pay cash for the device and you'll get $100 off the price.

Most reactions

Latest posts