What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moving AT&T unlimited data plan back/forth from ipad 3 to ipad mini

ppejack

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I bought the Ipad 1 and got the $30/month unlimited data plan. I was able to transfer that to my Ipad 3.

Questions:

1. Can I use the unlimited data plan in the Ipad mini?
2. Can I transfer the unlimited data plan back and forth from my Ipad 3 to my Ipad mini?
2a. If so, do I need to physically move the SIM, or logout of one device and login to the other?

Thanks.

pcoleman721

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I switched from ipad 1 to ipad 2, i switched the SIM cards. When I went from ipad 2 to ipad 3, I was worried the unlimited was just 3G and not LTE. So I called AT&T and they said as long as I have an account, I can switch it to the new device. They said go to cellular data in settings app and log in to your account on the new device. There you can select if you have a previous account, a drop down menu shows up with all the data packages including the infamous unlimited on the top of the list.

Most reactions

Latest posts