What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad Mini 4 internet connection and password issues

isimanica

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Howdy,
My google fu hasn't been helpful in yielding any useful results for the problem I am having with my wife's Ipad Mini 4. The issue seemed to have cropped up over the last 6 months for some reason and kept getting worse. It started with poor signal connectivity at first. I thought the coverage issue could be solved by adding a repeater to our new house, but that seemed to have worked only for a short time then the password to the network issue started with the Ipad saying it was the incorrect password. Which was weird because it was connected earlier with the saved password and no problems. So reenter the password multiple times and it finally goes through. A couple of more months of frustration, I said buck it, I'll just get a new router. Buy a new one and most of the signal strength issues are gone and even better coverage with the repeater. Every thing seemed to be fine for a couple of days and now the same thing is happening again, signal issue and the Ipad either forgetting the password on it's own or it thinks the saved one that worked fine is incorrect and after a couple of tries of going between the repeater, router and between 2.4 and 5ghz it recognizes the password and is fine. WTF IS GOING ON! This is driving me nuts as none of my other devices in the house have an issue. I have samsung note 9, crappy old windows phone, 3 windows laptops of varying ages (one nearly 10 years old), a crappy samsung tab lite, a POS acer tablet, two xbox one's, smart TV, smart Projector, two bluray players and one 360 connected via wifi. Every single one of them was happy go lucky with the old router or better with the new router setup. New ASUS router is an RT-AC3200, ASUS extender is RP-AC56 and the old ASUS router was a RT-N56U. Any help or guidance would be nice, she is ticked at me saying it can't be her old beat up Ipad mini 4 but I have a feeling it is since nothing else is acting up this way. PLEASE HELP!

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You could try simply hard restarting the iPad. Press both Home and On/Off buttons until you see the Apple logo and then release them.

OP
I

isimanica

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You could try simply hard restarting the iPad. Press both Home and On/Off buttons until you see the Apple logo.
I have had her do that on several occasions and she has done it on her own and it is only a temporary fix as the problem manifest itself even after doing that.

OP
I

isimanica

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You could try simply hard restarting the iPad. Press both Home and On/Off buttons until you see the Apple logo and then release them.
Also she has done the forget network many times. And either it works or it still says incorrect password several times before finally connecting.

OP
I

isimanica

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried resetting the network settings on the iPad under General - Reset options?
I don't know if she has done that yet or not. I know I haven't but will give it a try later today when isn't using it to stream something from netflix/youtube.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Resetting the router can also help clear up connection problems. It's quite common for a device to not connect to the router when other devices have no problem at all.

OP
I

isimanica

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have gone through multiple resets of the router and modem. No joy. Just had her do a factory reset of network settings on ipad. Now she tells me same thing also happens on her iPhone 8 plus.
Resetting the router can also help clear up connection problems. It's quite common for a device to not connect to the router when other devices have no problem at all.

OP
I

isimanica

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well have tried either suggestion has yielded nothing. Same problem still happening. She has bad signal for some reason from the repeater and it disconnects. Try to head over to the main router instead and has the incorrect password error pop up try's connecting again and it goes through fine. Seriously what is going on? This is the most frustrating thing. When every other item in the house on wifi is happy go lucky all day everyday.

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think it’s time to take both the iPhone 8 Plus and the iPad Mini 4 to an Apple Store Genius Bar for a free diagnostic.

Most reactions

Latest posts