What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 4 will not connect to internet

bigsis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got my first iPad 4 and it was setup when I purchased it at Best Buy. It connect to their wireless network and the internet fine but at home it will not connect to the internet. I have a new Netgear 6300 router. The network shows up on the iPad but will not connect to it. I have no problem connecting other devices (2 desktops,laptop, and even my cell phone). Is the something with the Mac os that I need to adjust? I am at my wits end with this and have not been able to use my iPad without an internet connection.

Any anyone help?

Thanks,
Bigsis

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bigsis said:
I just got my first iPad 4 and it was setup when I purchased it at Best Buy. It connect to their wireless network and the internet fine but at home it will not connect to the internet. I have a new Netgear 6300 router. The network shows up on the iPad but will not connect to it. I have no problem connecting other devices (2 desktops,laptop, and even my cell phone). Is the something with the Mac os that I need to adjust? I am at my wits end with this and have not been able to use my iPad without an internet connection.

Any anyone help?

Thanks,
Bigsis

Hi bigsis, if you go into Settings does your Internet connection name appear in the box shown?

image-1992973134.jpg

Let us know...

Sent using my iPad 2 - 16Gb - Wi-Fi

cyndy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And most importantly, does it have a check in front of it like the illustration has? If it doesn't you will have to tap it. Just listing the connection isn't enough. that network is only connected if it has the check in front of it. The same will be true when you try to connect at public places.

Most reactions

Latest posts