What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Makes Air Travel a Breeze

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
ipad-plane.jpg

MTV’s Multiplayer technology blog ran a really fun little post today about blog author Russ Frushtick’s in-flight experiences with his iPad. He talks about a couple of ways in which his iPad made a recent flight much more bearable than usual.

For starters, he said that the iPad takes up so little space in comparison to a laptop, that you still have plenty of room for your beverage, food and so on, so you don’t have to stop watching your iPad while you eat your meal. Secondly, he said that the iPad’s battery life was truly impressive, enabling him to watch over seven hours of video on two six-hour flights, with his iPad battery still approximately half-full at the end of it. He also confirmed that you don’t have to take your iPad out of your bag when going through airport security, again in contrast to a laptop.

Frushstick’s sole cause for concern was how easily his iPad toppled over when the person in front of him put their seat back, but that’s something that could probably be put right with a suitable case. His conclusion is that the iPad is by far the best media device to use when it comes to air travel. “It’s like having your own, personalized seat-back TV,†he says, “but you don’t have to suffer through bad reception and re-runs of TLC reality shows.â€

By Maura Sutton, iPadForums.net
[Source: multiplayerblog.mtv.com]

EARL97850

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Atl made me take it out of the TSA approved bag and re-scan it tonight. But other than that I thought it was good too.
So basically in your case...it was treated just as a laptop?

Cya

Yes.

I know it was mentioned in other posts...it just depends on each individual TSA agent. And as the iPad becomes more mainstream it might be treated just as yours did as a laptop security issue.

I don't think anyone would argue if it went the other way and TSA would treat it just like a iPod or mp3 player.

Cya

Most reactions