What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad major issue.

power winder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi every one.
I am new to this forum, so I will gladly accept any help I can get.
I have an iPad 2, which just stopped working.
when I plug it into its apple charger with the cord, it goes through th logo loop about every 20 secs, if I try to do the DFU, I get to the iTunes plug in logo, however if I unplug it to plug into my iMac, the logo disappears.
So I plug it into my Mac directly and do the DFU, I have a blank screen, ant iTunes informs me I have a iPad going into store, I get all the usual info on the screen about update and restore, etc then it says connecting to iPad, and nothing.
Does anyone have any ideas, I have tried lots of things, maybe not just the one I need.
Thank you for any help in advance.
J

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi every one.
I am new to this forum, so I will gladly accept any help I can get.
I have an iPad 2, which just stopped working.
when I plug it into its apple charger with the cord, it goes through th logo loop about every 20 secs, if I try to do the DFU, I get to the iTunes plug in logo, however if I unplug it to plug into my iMac, the logo disappears.
So I plug it into my Mac directly and do the DFU, I have a blank screen, ant iTunes informs me I have a iPad going into store, I get all the usual info on the screen about update and restore, etc then it says connecting to iPad, and nothing.
Does anyone have any ideas, I have tried lots of things, maybe not just the one I need.
Thank you for any help in advance.
J
The iPad 2 was released ten years ago and I think you may find that yours has sadly reached the end of its useful life. Maybe it is time you acquired a newer model.

OP
P

power winder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I understand that it is not new, however it is still usable, surely, its like an old car, it just needs TLC

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you’re going into DFU mode correctly and it’s not working, you likely have a hardware problem. Although Apple will not repair an iPad this old, the Genius Bar at an Apple Store could run a diagnostic to see just what the problem is.
The iPad 2 is as much as 12 years old it may be better updating to a newer iPad.

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I understand that it is not new, however it is still usable, surely, its like an old car, it just needs TLC
Not quite, This technology moves very quickly and, whilst Apple is very good at supporting past models, you will find that a lot of Apps simply will not work on the older iPad OS.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Technically it may still be usable but you’ll find it hard to find apps that still work on iOS 8, the latest iOS version that the ipad 2 supports.

OP
P

power winder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I actually just want to get it to work again, I don't need to update it.

Most reactions

Latest posts