What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad mail needs help

Nevering

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do IMap, have a desktop, laptop, and Ipad. Mail on Desktop and laptop all do nice things with junk mail... like get rid of them. The IPad does nothing that I can find so far.

I would suggest making Ipad Mail more like Mac Mail in terms of Junk. I get tons of mail on different accounts, but I generally have to wait to see them on the desktop or laptop. Yet they are still there because of IMap. I want the good ones to be there I just need my Mail filtering capabilty on the Ipad2

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes - several Members have been disappointed at the lack of mail filtering on the iPad. At present, the only way to do this is on the email server which, for the situation you envisage, doesn't really help. Because of the way mail works on the iPad, it's not so easy for a third-party app to offer much in the way of this either, but we can always hope that the developers will listen to our request.

Tim

OP
N

Nevering

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have my own email server that does a wonderful job. But I still get thru a bunch. I"m looking at the server, postfix and dovecot with spamass and amavid

I'm trying to tweak it.

Yes - several Members have been disappointed at the lack of mail filtering on the iPad. At present, the only way to do this is on the email server which, for the situation you envisage, doesn't really help. Because of the way mail works on the iPad, it's not so easy for a third-party app to offer much in the way of this either, but we can always hope that the developers will listen to our request.

Tim

Most reactions