What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad locking up

Laren

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anybody else experienced the iPad locking up while viewing a movie? Mine has twice....

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
oh no, that's not good. Was it with different movies?

kravdog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've watched a couple of shows on netflix w no issues...haven't done any iTunes video content yet

Bigred1000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep, mine is locking up with iTunes tv shows. Restarting the video resolves it but it happens ever 3 minutes or so. I have a bunch of downloads going so it could be that.

DLove

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had to restart mine about 4 times. Once watching abc app, another time watching a video on CNN. Another on the MMOD app. Each time I had to force power off and restart.

kravdog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had to restart mine about 4 times. Once watching abc app, another time watching a video on CNN. Another on the MMOD app. Each time I had to force power off and restart.

I had the abc app lock up on me, but all has been good since a restart

OP
L

Laren

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad continues to lockup at varies times, in apps, YouTube, Netflix

epoche

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine locked up whilst working with e-mail.

Also, Wouldn't send mail. POP and smtp were correctly entered. Called tech support. Deleted account info and reentered. Now sending mail with no problems.

mac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess they should have used Flash after all.

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

rod-scher

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Video Lock-Up

I've only tried to watch one Netflix video; locked up about 30 min. into it. I'll try another one, see what happens. Only had the iPad for a few days, so I'd imagine I can return it. But from the forums and posts, this seems to be a fairly common problem...

Most reactions

Latest posts