What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad keyboard help

scooby9261

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got a keyboard with a touch pad for my Ipad 10.2in (model before the M1).
I want to turn off the extra things you can do, like when im moving the cursor and I hit it by accident with another finger itll start having a mind of its own
I just want the touch pad to be simple, no extra gestures. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to turn them off. Like if I use two fingers it does something I dont want it to do

Help

-Walt

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Some setting options don’t show up on the iPad unless you have the device paired, so I don’t know what track pad options are available. However, you might be able to find something under the Accessibility settings. Good luck.

OP
S

scooby9261

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Its weird ive turned off all the gesture things I can find and it still does it. Kinda makes the whole idea of a touchpad ehh...

Think ill just buy a bluetooth mouse. I like the keyboard.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I've never really felt the need for a trackpad, or even a mouse, on my iPad; so I've never given them a try. I am curious to try the upcomming Universal Control feature for feature that lets you control your iPad from a Mac. I often have my MacBook Air and iPad Pro sitting side by side.

Universal Control​

One way to work across your devices​

A single keyboard and mouse or trackpad now work seamlessly between your Mac and iPad — they’ll even connect to more than one Mac or iPad. Move your cursor from your Mac to your iPad, type on your Mac and watch the words show up on your iPad, or even drag and drop content from one Mac to another.4

OP
S

scooby9261

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've never really felt the need for a trackpad, or even a mouse, on my iPad; so I've never given them a try. I am curious to try the upcomming Universal Control feature for feature that lets you control your iPad from a Mac. I often have my MacBook Air and iPad Pro sitting side by side.

Wow thats crazy ! Wicked cool. :) cant wait for it to come out.

Most reactions

Latest posts