What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad keyboard and annotation apps

becca.boo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm a uni student and would like to start using my iPad more in class for note taking and such things. Can anyone recommend a good portable Bluetooth keyboard case or not. And a good reliable PowerPoint/ PDF annotating app.

Thank so much!!!!

Becca.boo

lkilgore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Quickoffice Pro HD is a good choice for showing Powerpoints. It will also work with Word and Excel files too (can save in doc and docx format, for example).

As far as a bluetooth keyboard is concerned, I am sold on Zagg's keyboard/hard case/stand. You can get one at Best Buy for $100 USD. When not in use, you place the glass side of the iPad into the keyboard and it becomes a hard case to protect the screen. I have used my Zagg all around the world, literally, and it is the only way I would travel. It is compact, it protects the iPad, gives a decent keyboard (I am typing on it right now), and you will definite get looks of desire from anyone who see's you using it.

I bought the Zagg case/keyboard for my wife's iPad1 and when I got my iPad2 (of course I get the newer one), I bought the iPad2 designed case/keyboard for it.

falstaffpac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also recommend the Zagg, specifically the Folio2.

For PDF annotation, take a look at Goodreader (App Store).

I recently searched for an app which would allow note taking. It looks like the most popular app is Evernote (free, requires an account). I wanted to avoid opening an account and really wanted Dropbox functionality. I found Nebulous for iPad (App Store) which allows me to open/save *.txt files directly with Dropbox. This was the perfect solution for me. I can bang out notes all day on the iPad and have them instantly available on my laptop when I get home.

mlaurencg4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Zagg keyboard recommendations are super - I concur. To work with Powerpoint, Word, Excel, etc. as you've indicated, I use CloudOn and Dropbox. I can comment, add text boxes, my own graphics, etc.

Most reactions

Latest posts