What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad just comes up with the Apple logo, is it bricked?

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Last night I upgraded to 4.2.1 and then jailbroke it. It was working fine. I installed Cydia and updated that. Everything working fine. Then I installed SBSettings and when it booted, I just get the Apple logo and I can't get around it.

What do I do now?

overthetop75

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you just left it on that screen for a few minutes? I had a problem like that and I was just not waiting long enough before trying the power and home button. If that does not work keep trying to put it in dfu mode so you can restore from itunes.

OP
I

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you just left it on that screen for a few minutes? I had a problem like that and I was just not waiting long enough before trying the power and home button. If that does not work keep trying to put it in dfu mode so you can restore from itunes.

Yep, tried that. Left it on all night actually.

So what I did was I just went a head with the DFU instructions (except that I left the iPad on), and it worked. Whew! Thought I bricked it for a second there :)

overthetop75

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good job! Makes you feel sick inside when something goes wrong with your ipad.

OP
I

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good job! Makes you feel sick inside when something goes wrong with your ipad.

Actually I didn't this time. There's so many helpful people on the internet, I knew I someone would have an answer.

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK... hold on... hope you haven't restored it yet.

You need to connect it to your PC and run redsn0w. After you select your firmware IPSW file choose "just boot tethered now." That should boot you back up.

Remember the jailbreak is tethered... you cannot reboot the iPad without using redsn0w right now.

Michael

Recon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah this happend to me after installing SBSettings, i just ran Redsn0w again and it sorted it.
Also, remember you cannot 'brick' your iPad!

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Still no such thing as a bricked iOS device. It can always be restored, unless you have bad hardware.

gagekko

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Yep, tried that. Left it on all night actually.

So what I did was I just went a head with the DFU instructions (except that I left the iPad on), and it worked. Whew! Thought I bricked it for a second there :)
Ya, that is a scary moment... Did it on my iPhone but never my iPad... Get that sick-to-ur-stomach feeling when that happens!

Most reactions