What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad jailbreak 3.2.2

tato

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm thinking SHAtter is a hoax or a deadend.
Has been announced 3 weeks ago and we have barely hard any updates except for things like "we are making progress, but no use telling you the details because you won't understand them anyway".
Not an encouraging statement.
They should just release the exploit and let other teams work the JB.

Andymyrick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm thinking SHAtter is a hoax or a deadend.
Has been announced 3 weeks ago and we have barely hard any updates except for things like "we are making progress, but no use telling you the details because you won't understand them anyway".
Not an encouraging statement.
They should just release the exploit and let other teams work the JB.

I have been thinking about that too but a big part of me doesn't want to think that lol. I think they have the exploit for the iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4, and the iPad. I really don't know what is taking so long because they haven't really said anything else about it. I just want the jailbreak to be released already. It took me hours and hours to jailbreak my iPhone 3G over the past two days with sn0wbreeze. Then I downgraded back to 3.1.2 and it took me five minutes with Jailbreakme. I really wish there was a way for Comex to update Jailbreak me to work with at least the 3.2.2 firmware. But oh well. Sorry for the little rant lol.

tato

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If a JB based on SHAtter is truly pending, I hope that they don't already have a tethered version but not releasing as they work on an untethered.
Tethered is good enough for us iPad and iPod owners.

Andymyrick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If a JB based on SHAtter is truly pending, I hope that they don't already have a tethered version but not releasing as they work on an untethered.
Tethered is good enough for us iPad and iPod owners.

From what i have read online, rumors are that SHAtter is an untethered exploit and it will "pwn" the iPad for life. The greenpois0n website is up (greenpois0n.com) but it's just the symbol of the jailbreak.

Afide

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I fear we are just going to have to wait for the new firmware update :(

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You know I really hate this not being jailbroken.

Worse, I am stuck on 4.0.1 on my iPhone 4, when I really could use 4.1 to help with proximity sensor issues.

My thing is that I paid for a decent number of jailbreak apps. And some of the people who sell those apps are either on the dev team or close to it. The more I go without a jailbreak the MUCH less likely I am to ever pay for a jailbreak app again. You would think the folks who sell jailbreak apps would go crazy trying to help it get released.

Instead it is just like, shut up and wait. :(

Michael

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh and at this point I would take tethered over nothing for not just my iPad, but my iPhone 4 too!

Andymyrick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am really hoping that the dev-team isn't just dragging the users along. I would love a jailbreak for my iPad. I bought it with 3.2.2 and tried everything to downgrade it to no avail. :(

tato

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think we will be getting any jailbreak.
greenposi0n has taken far too long.
That leaves us with 4.2 and here all we have are uninspiring beliefs like, "dev-team has already broken 3.2.2, they are just waiting for 4.2 so as not to tip their hand to Apple" or "it is believed that 4.2 has an exploit that dev-team is keeping quiet about".
These statements don't give much confidence especially after SHAtter seemed like a 100% sure thing, three weeks ago.

I think we are screwed.

Giancarlo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts