What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WARNING!!! iOS 3.2.2

mkrowkis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@EZ-BAKED. Nothing really fixed. Apple simply addressed the security breach in Safari which allowed jailbreakme.com to work.

OP
MikesTooLz

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
@EZ-BAKED. Nothing really fixed. Apple simply addressed the security breach in Safari which allowed jailbreakme.com to work.

Nothing fixed? this is actually a really big problem that they fixed.

If your not jailbroken and dont plan on jailbreaking then update to 3.2.2 ASAP. If your jailbroken, dont update to 3.2.2 but instead install the PDF Warner in cydia.

I'm Shocked that apple has not released and updated firmware for the original iphone or ipod touch 1st gen. Those two devices are now considered unsecured and prone to getting virus's unless apple puts out an update.

Last edited:

nooris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm still on 3.2 (jailbroken). I wanted to upgrade to 3.2.1 today, but now if I try to run an update from itunes it will only download 3.2.2. Damn it, I should have upgraded last weekend :mad:

OP
MikesTooLz

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
I'm still on 3.2 (jailbroken). I wanted to upgrade to 3.2.1 today, but now if I try to run an update from itunes it will only download 3.2.2. Damn it, I should have upgraded last weekend :mad:

3.2.2 took much longer than expected to come out.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is this the end of jb?
It is just the beginning my friend!

Found this link in another post --

Update iOS Now, Malicious Attacks Coming Soon - PCWorld Business Center

From the article:

"Apple released updates yesterday for iOS on the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch to patch flaws that were exploited by the JailbreakMe hack. The author of the JailbreakMe hack responded by making the JailbreakMe source code public--providing malicious developers with the tools they need to attack the iPhone or iPad."

"With the source code in the wild, malicious attacks are likely imminent as other developers work to craft new attacks based on the exploits used in the JailbreakMe tool. Just as with the JailbreakMe tool, attacks could take total control of the iPhone or iPad simply by luring users to visit a malicious Web site or click on a malicious link from a vulnerable device."

Dr.Gee

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I find it strange jobs is worried about jb users. Is he just trying to maintain the "apples products don't get infected" myth?

mkrowkis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@Dr.Gee: I hope not! Hackers are hackers for life. A new FW is simply a new challenge for them to crack. I'll give em 6-8 weeks for FW 3.2.2 to be JB :)

Although it may not be as easy as jailbreakme.com. We may have to download a program and then hook up the iPad to the computer! And then execute the JB program. Heaven forbid we move backwards!! (insert my sarcasm here).

OP
MikesTooLz

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
I find it strange jobs is worried about jb users. Is he just trying to maintain the "apples products don't get infected" myth?
He isnt worried about JB users, he is worried about non JB users who have not upgraded to 3.2.2 could now be attaced and the attachers take complete control over your device.

Just think of it like this, you stay on 3.2 or 3.2.1. Then you get a spam email that has an attackers PDF attacked. Just by viewing the email your become infected and the attacker has full controle of your device.

Dr.Gee

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So jbme found and used the hole.this is a different approach than previous jb methods?

Most reactions

Latest posts