What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad & Iphone sync

mhanos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't want to get to the point of syncing and making the wrong move. Hopefully this doesn't sound too complicated but I'm sure someone out there has had a similar situation with an ipad & iphone.

I currently own a 64GB Ipad (1stGen) and am strongly considering the Iphone4S (most likely 16GB).
Can I use the same Itunes library and apps? If so, how can I differentiate songs/movies for each device since I can obviously hold much more on the 64GB ipad.

Next, my wife is also interested in the Iphone4S. Currently we have seperate itunes libraries (my ipad her nano) for syncing purposes since we have different music interests.
Can we share purchased apps? What is the easiest way to managed all of our devices on 1 computer?

bayoor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am also interested in knowing how to sync my iTunes library apps with someone else's iPad. How best can this be done?

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Its pretty easy to sync more than one device to the same library, I have seven devices synced to the same library (2 iphones, ipad and 4 ipods). They all have different sync settings, and for music, I just create seperate playlists for each device and sync only the relevant playlists to the relevant device.

Has your wife a seperate itunes account and has she bought anything with it? If she hasn't, I would suggest you just merge your libraries and sync everything from the same library using the same account. Its what me and the wife do, makes it easier for sharing apps etc.

bayoor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Debref,
That's exactly what am experiencing. 2 different iTunes accounts and difficult to share apps from my library. What do I do?

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
You have to sign into one of the accounts on your ipad and then download the apps you want associated with that account, then sign out and repeat for the other account, becomes a pain for updates tho. Thats why its easier to share an account from the start.

Most reactions

Latest posts