What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad iOS 5 slow - reset all data or clean new install? (any diff between both?)

mig_akira

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey everyone.

I have an iPad 1 5.0.1, jailbroken. It's a lot slower than when I had iOS 4.3.3. I was planning on downgrading, but I can't live without notifications, tabbed browsing and wi-fi sync anymore. So that should be only a desperate measure.

I tried reseting all setings, my iPad 1 got faster, but not near iOS 4.3.3. If I reset all data and settings, could it get better? Does doing that have any difference compared to completely reinstalling iOS 5.0.1 from scratch?

Thanks!

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
You could give it a go. However, the ipad 1 _really_ wasn't designed for iOS 5. it could also be an issue with what you are using for apps and how much RAM/memory they use. Best advice; reformat and see what happens.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

OP
M

mig_akira

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I reinstalled iOS 5.0.1 and now my iPad is quite faster. I was having lag typing on safari all the time, now it's a lot smoother. RAM is still always low, but st lesst my iPad is usable again! Thanks!

Most reactions

Latest posts