What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad inabilites -need help

louisp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We are disappointed over the numerous mundane tasks that our iPad does not allow us to accomplish. For example, on many sites we cannot fill out a form or message box. This includes, of all places, the web version of this very own iPad utility. We cannot view numerous published images or illustrations on various web site. One being Yahoo News.

Is there some utility or add-on we need to down load? Is the the penalty we suffer for attempting to use an Apple based product in a Microsoft World?

Please help.

louisp

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We are disappointed over the numerous mundane tasks that our iPad does not allow us to accomplish. For example, on many sites we cannot fill out a form or message box. This includes, of all places, the web version of this very own iPad utility. We cannot view numerous published images or illustrations on various web site. One being Yahoo News.

Is there some utility or add-on we need to down load? Is the the penalty we suffer for attempting to use an Apple based product in a Microsoft World?

Please help.

louisp

I am using an iPad now in iPad Forum and I have no trouble at all filling in the forms or message boxes in iPad Forum or any other website. I also have no problem viewing images or illustrations on any website that I've visited so far - including Yahoo News, which I've just been reading a couple of minutes ago. What version of the iPad operating system do you have? Is it the latest version? I am only using iOS 4.2 but I've not experienced any of the problems that you mention. I don't think the problem that you're experiencing is a fundamental technical problem with the iPad because it's certainly not affecting mine. Have you tried a reset - Apple recommend you do this at least once a week and it cures a whole load of unexplained problems.

But, if the problems you're facing persist, please come back and we'll try and find out what the problem is with your iPad.

Tim

MadDragon1846

iPF Noob
Reaction score
louisp said:

Please help.

louisp

Just get another iPad browser. I use atomic browser, and it can act as other browsers like Internet explorer 8, firefox, etc. I remember 1 of the types of browser wouldn't let me fill in forms/message boxes. I just changed it to a different browser and it works fine. (I usually have it set to act like Internet explorer 8 ).

atomic browser costs around 59p (well it was when I bought it, I guess it hasn't changed), but I'm sure there must be other browsers for free that will do the same thing.

Some browsers can also do other things like show 2 different web pages at the same time.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
We cannot view numerous published images or illustrations on various web site. One being Yahoo News.

I browse Yahoo News as well as read and post messages on Yahoo Groups and Yahoo Mail... I have no trouble at all filling out the boxes.

Gazzaho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I unlike others agree entirely with what you say, using Safari can be troublesome regarding web site forms, the web interface of this site does not allow me to enter text into the message field provided but allows text to be entered into the subject field.

I've also had trouble with forms on various other sites, too varied to mention, especially in regard to drop down boxes where you have to select dates from a scrolling list. The missing pictures on some sites may be down to the fact that Adobe Flash content which is used on a lot of sites isn't supported by Apple and can't be displayed on the iPad.

I also have Atomic browser and find it well worth the money, it has tabbed pages and password protection also, I haven't thought of trying it for entering form information though so I can't comment, but after MadDragon's suggestion I'm certainly going to give it a try the next time a web form gives me problems.

Using a fully updated iPad 1 by the way.

Last edited:

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We are disappointed over the numerous mundane tasks that our iPad does not allow us to accomplish. For example, on many sites we cannot fill out a form or message box.

Question: when you say "many sites", are there any websites which you can successfully fill in a form or text field? If there are, then it is a matter of figuring out why it happens on one, but not another. If you cannot fill out any forms at all, then it sounds like a question for Apple, since most of us have never had problems in this regard.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts