What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad has serious wifi problems

kctay

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use a Linksys and D-Link, both work fine with all "I devices" at home, and work.
:D

chisaki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use a Linksys (Cisco) E3000 and have no problems what so ever. My sister was using a Netgear and I had to change it out to a Linksys and have had no problems since.

I'll second the Cisco E3000. I have one and my iPad connected to it out of the box and has never failed to give max lines and top speeds. I can even go next door and it still is connected. It also connects flawlessly at McDonalds and Starbucks as well as many hotels and airports around the country.

Last edited:

iPAD4ME

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For those using the E3000, how do I get/know the iPad on the 5Ghz wifi frequency instead or the 2.4GHz?

SBHOKC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For those using the E3000, how do I get/know the iPad on the 5Ghz wifi frequency instead or the 2.4GHz?

It is automatic and really makes no difference which frequency you are on. 5Ghz is no faster than 2.4Ghz, just radio waves....

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you have the latest net gear modem router or router use the following when setting up the wifi security other wise you may not connect to the router and or it will be intermittent using not only the iPad, iPhones , iPod touch but also other mobile devices including samsung phones with wifi , playstation, wiki etc

The setting in security options should be wpa-ask+wpa2-psk

Access to the modem from a pc or mac with Ethernet and using any browser is
192.168.0.1. Default User name is admin and password is password. Once in the modem you can access the wifi set up and change the security settings make sure you save changes and all will be updated. This is how i have set up some 40 computer sites using the net gear modems and routers. Hope this is helpful to any net gear users

chisaki

iPF Noob
Reaction score

When I configured my E3000 I gave different SSID names to the 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz. That way it is easy to tell the iPad which one to connect to.

Having the same name for both frequencies can sometimes cause problems.

Last edited:

iPAD4ME

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I configured my E3000 I gave different SSID names to the 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz. That way it is easy to tell the iPad which one to connect to.

Having the same name for both frequencies can sometimes cause problems.

How did you do that chisaki?

Update: Its ok I found it under Basic Wireless Settings and doing manual, thanks for the heads up it worked :))

Last edited:

ctsluder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok my Hubby just renamed our new router and yes he and my kids play WOW, so he named it "THE ALLIANCE" !! HAHAHAHAHA!!
I'm running away!!!

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We have a Linksys router-can't think of the model number offhand. My iPad does fine with it.

Most reactions

Latest posts