What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad has serious wifi problems

FatalDesain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm up to owning three ipads now all used 16gb and all of them at some point will not connect to a network. Belkin routers seem to cause it more. Settting ip to static or the reverse seems to fix it but its very annoying.

Ipad has been out for a while and theynstill have not fixed thia issue. And i have tried this with some pretty popular routers.

rsava

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just curious as to what firmware you are running on them?

I use WiFi at mainly at home and use 3G when not home. I use a Netgear N AP (not set as a router) and have ZERO issues. I am running 3.2 and am holding off upgrading mainly because I see WiFi issues being discussed more than I think is appropriate.

wrecklass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apparently this is not a problem with Cisco/Linksys routers. My wife and I both use our home wireless routers (WRT54G2) without issue.

You also may want to check that none of your neighbors are using the same wifi channel as you. Android has a great App for this.

OP
F

FatalDesain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Running 4.2 used linksys routers, netgear, belkin. Wpa and channel is on auto. This happens like maybe one a week and have to restart router.

ctsluder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We are buying a new router in January because belkin has does play well with apple devices.
Will buy a cisco.

SBHOKC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use a Linksys (Cisco) E3000 and have no problems what so ever. My sister was using a Netgear and I had to change it out to a Linksys and have had no problems since.

ctsluder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use a Linksys (Cisco) E3000 and have no problems what so ever. My sister was using a Netgear and I had to change it out to a Linksys and have had no problems since.

That's the one I'm getting.

chowdown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hey Fatal, by any chance do you have a computer near you that's running an extra monitor?

Just asking.

ctsluder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the wifi router and man what a difference it made in the way my a
Idevises connect to internet and our wireless printer that was not working as far as not responding to commands wirelessly works now This is so nice.
Thank you all!!!

SBHOKC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the wifi router and man what a difference it made in the way my a
Idevises connect to internet and our wireless printer that was not working as far as not responding to commands wirelessly works now This is so nice.
Thank you all!!!

Great news.. Did you get the E3000?

iPAD4ME

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just set up the E3000 too and so far GREAT! Hope to dump the Belkin N+ after a trial few week :))

ctsluder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ya my belkin is toast after a taste of this wifi router, I had a buffalo router before the belkin and I missed it so much, then got this one and this router is better then a buffalo.

gulmi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
wireless

Using the Apple Air Express and it works perfectly.

Most reactions

Latest posts