What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad for Students

Status
Not open for further replies.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Amy Rose The Hedgehog said:
I think the iPad would be an excellent device for school. There a lots of applications that are very helpful to students. Such as iBooks. There are also lots of math apps that are good for use too. I have troubles in school with math, and my principle had an iPad that she would call me over every thursday to her office and she would have me play a math app of her iPad to help with my learning. It was a adding subtracting and multiplying app. It helped excellently. I think our math tutors in our school should also use these apps to help kids with their math. I found these apps very helpful and I'm sure lots of other kids in the school will too.
GarageBand is also a great app for music class. Our music teacher has an iMac that she uses for our class songs every year with GarageBand to record us singing and add the instruments to the songs to make them sound good. The music teacher said that she may have us bring in our iPads in to make our own songs with.

iBooks is also an excellent app. There are lots of great books on iBooks. There's lots of good free books too. It would be an excellent reading app for children. It has a bookmark and you can just type in any page on the search if you lose your page.

The younger grades in our school use iPads. I can remember what reasons, but they are obviously used for good use. So, I think the iPad would be an excellent device for schools everywhere.

It's nice to hear your perspective of using an iPad as a student in your school, Amy. Nice job!

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
As a teacher, I require that my students download course handouts from their online course shell and bring them to class, so those with an iPad have an advantage over students who have to print them.

chanting.lee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This thread is really helpful since I'm starting uni in less than a month. I have been looking into a good PDF reader that will help with all the readings I will do for classes.
Would love for anyone to comment on their experience with Good Reader and/or iAnnotate. I can't choose between the two, they both seem very good ones to use

I'm a bit of an oldie when it comes to note taking in class. Still love my pen and paper/notebook XD

I usually have essays rather than exams, so while a note-taking app would help heaps, I think I will be fine with the memo app that comes in the iPad for to-do lists and other notes that don't need to take up a lot of space.

naman919

iPF Noob
Reaction score
chanting.lee said:
This thread is really helpful since I'm starting uni in less than a month. I have been looking into a good PDF reader that will help with all the readings I will do for classes.
Would love for anyone to comment on their experience with Good Reader and/or iAnnotate. I can't choose between the two, they both seem very good ones to use

I'm a bit of an oldie when it comes to note taking in class. Still love my pen and paper/notebook XD

I usually have essays rather than exams, so while a note-taking app would help heaps, I think I will be fine with the memo app that comes in the iPad for to-do lists and other notes that don't need to take up a lot of space.

if you just need a basic PDF editor I would recommend neu.annotate or a similar app for ~$2 or free. I used GoodReader heavily in grad school up until about six months ago. GR has great syncing features that were the selling point for me.

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iAnnotate PDF is my primary app. That's where I store scanned and searchable copies of my course texts based on my specifications. It has a wide array of options.

chanting.lee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
if you just need a basic PDF editor I would recommend neu.annotate or a similar app for ~$2 or free. I used GoodReader heavily in grad school up until about six months ago. GR has great syncing features that were the selling point for me.
Just a basic one will do, to make notes or asterisks while I read articles and such. GR seems good with all the various notes and types of notes you can make, neu.annotate seems great as well though. Thanks for the suggestion, guess I'll have to sit on this for a while, haha.

trixieclark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
cashforipads.com
I'm still using and carrying laptop to school but sometimes I'm using iPad. If it comes to difficult task or any thesis/project related activities I prefer using laptop because it is easier to use. I'm using my ipad for less hassle task. I'm still not that good in using my iPad I still don't know some of the good features and apps of the iPad. I do love Note Pro app.

ericwalker425

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i understand why you use the ipad for school. I use my ipad mini you reports and to access docs. But sense I go to school for computers i use my macbook pro for all demanding work such as: VMware for multiple servers and OS's. but my ipad is the best for getting work done

adrianamello

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I study Computer Science and use my iPad a lot to take notes.
However, the lack of a "pen" is really
annoyance.

futoy001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
funtodoapp.com
its is very cool. first time i see that ipad for student which has great tools as well as configuration. for all its new but very imporatant to buy for multipurpose. this ipad is suitable for the student

Meftu001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I saw many parents allow their children to use ipad for educational reasons. However, it still harmful for kids' sight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts