What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad for Students

Status
Not open for further replies.

naman919

iPF Noob
Reaction score
try note taker hd. i use it all the time in school. you can write as small and as sharp as needed.

instead of a stylus i just hold a pen flipped on its end. then recess the tip a bit in my grip and use my finger. the pen acts as a guide and i find it quickens hand taken notes.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

antonio107

iPF Noob
Reaction score
try note taker hd. i use it all the time in school. you can write as small and as sharp as needed.

instead of a stylus i just hold a pen flipped on its end. then recess the tip a bit in my grip and use my finger. the pen acts as a guide and i find it quickens hand taken notes.

Good call on note taker. That's a much nicer program than Penultimate. But for my money, I still prefer pen and paper. Will DEFINITELY use this app to annotate PDFs, though! :)

mobilemg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You would not miss these apps, I'm using all these!! Worth give a try. All free apps... if you like some,buy full version, too. Enjoy!
Dropbox
Bamboo paper
Upad lite
Sling Lite
Documents basic app but sync with Google Doc
Docstoc
Merriam Webster Dictionary
Qwiki

naman919

iPF Noob
Reaction score
antonio107 said:
Good call on note taker. That's a much nicer program than Penultimate. But for my money, I still prefer pen and paper. Will DEFINITELY use this app to annotate PDFs, though! :)

I'm with you! i do exactly that and note taker is my annotator of choice.

orion76

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a student too, the iPad and Good Reader have completely changed the way I study.

I used to have to print hundreds of pages of research journals, lecture notes etc. every semester... recently I haven't used my printer in months :)

Sk1zb1t

iPF Noob
Reaction score
really can't wait to use my ipad for study/school as this was my justification for buying it! haha

antonio107

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a student too, the iPad and Good Reader have completely changed the way I study.

I used to have to print hundreds of pages of research journals, lecture notes etc. every semester... recently I haven't used my printer in months :)

That's definitely a good use for it! IMO, though, I would rather use my e-reader if my readings are sufficiently long. No annotation, but it's easier on the eyes!

bkim4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
really can't wait to use my ipad for study/school as this was my justification for buying it! haha

Haha, agreed. I'm entering my junior year and you wouldn't believe how great the ipad is until you use it in school. Definitely helps whenever you have a boring lecture, lol.

shanshuprophecy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
antonio107 said:
That's definitely a good use for it! IMO, though, I would rather use my e-reader if my readings are sufficiently long. No annotation, but it's easier on the eyes!

Why is the e-reader easier on the eyes?

antonio107

iPF Noob
Reaction score
antonio107 said:

Why is the e-reader easier on the eyes?

No backlight. I find that after more than two hours or so straight viewing, any computer screen/monitor starts to strain my eyes. Like this exact moment, for example, lol.

With the e-reader's "e-ink," there is no such backlight, or comparative screen. It is much closer to actual paper!

porcomaster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I buy iPad just to college... Off course... I am playing with him around before my class starts... I will use the first time on class in agoust.

But anyway.. Already buy this app. Class organizer... I don't know if is really good... But look amazing... He record while you type and later on tell where the typed word in sinc with record...

But I am looking all the apps here... To be better prepared to college...

And sorry for my grammar.. I am Brazilian and always being very bad on Portuguese and English grammar.

antonio107

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I decided that I'm going to get a cheap-ish laptop for law school in the fall, rather than use my laptop. Although I already spent a lot of money on this device, I justify it in three ways:

1) A full fledged laptop is sturdier. I'm a fidgety person, and my Zagg 2 has already knocked over my ipad TWICE. Fortunately, both times my carpet was on the ground. May not be the case if I'm at school...

2) With juggling around many files, both notes and essays, as well as PDF readings and what not, it makes eminent sense to have a PC with proper file management systems. Folders and what not. It's a chore to have to keep working with dropbox and ifile ALL the time.

3) I use my ipad for instant messaging, goofing off on facebook, and watching movies. I think it would be good for my productivity levels to have a dedicated work/study PC, and leave the ipad at home. This theory is support by psychologist Piers Steel, in his book "The Procrastination Equation," who argues that a dedicated work computer is a good way to get around the instant gratification of computer slacking. :)

appdub

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great Educational Application

For all of you students who want to learn more using a great game check out the application Not So Trivial :D

tomtperrier

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've seen on tv, doctors and clerks using iPads as a professional tool. Hope to get one soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts