What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Facebook Notifications Arriving Twice

Reaction score
Hi,

I've tried searching for this particular problem but I can't find it anywhere.

I am running iOS 5 on my 16GB WiFi only iPad 2. I installed the Facebook app the day it was released and am currently running Version 4.0.2 - I have had issues with the notifications since day one.

When I receive a notification from Facebook it arrives twice - the second one arrives within seconds of the first.

I have checked all my settings again and again but can't seem to get to the bottom of the problem. I've tried turning notifications off completely from within the app settings and leaving them on in notifications but it makes no difference. I've tried the opposite too but they still come through twice.

My Facebook is set up to send me no notifications through email except for up and coming birthdays. If I don't have any app installed I receive no notifications - so I know it's not a duplicate notification coming from another app or via mail.

I read somewhere that setting the "repeat alert" option under messages in the notifications settings has helped people receiving duplicate alerts. Although this has nothing to do with iMessage I gave it a try anyway - as expected it didn't help.

It's also worth noting that when the notifications show up in the notification centre they appear only under the Facebook app.

I have deleted and reinstalled the app as well as restarting and resetting it at various times. Nothing seems to work.

I apologise if this post seems long winded but I'm just trying to cover everything I've already tried. Any help will be much appreciated - although it's a minor problem it's starting to drive me a bit crazy.

Thanks for your help.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply.

The only other iOS device that I have is a 1st generation iPod touch which hasn't been switched on for an age. Now that I think on it, it does have the Facebook app installed.

I'll charge that up and try removing the app from it and see if helps any.

Thanks and best regards,

Stuart

Most reactions

Latest posts