What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Facebook App is Finally Here!

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
skallal said:
Hey thanks for the tip. Haven't noticed it on other apps yet. I love the split keyboard, but still getting used to it.

What do you do with a split keyboard and how do you get it to be that way?

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 using iPF

dawz2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tlbaker said:
What do you do with a split keyboard and how do you get it to be that way?

I hate to continue hijacking this thread, but I love the split keyboard for easy two-thumb typing. Enable it in the General, Keyboard settings or when the keyboard is visible, pull the keyboard apart from the middle to the edges. FYI, You are now able to "undock" the keyboard from the bottom of the screen by dragging the "hide keyboard" button up to a more comfortable typing position. Very handy for updating your status on the new Facebook app.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Or, as long as it's enabled in Keyboard settings, you can simply tap and hold on the small keyboard button at the bottom right of the keyboard. You'll get dock/undock and split/un-split options. Or you can tap and drag the button up. Apple supplied a lot of ways to switch between them.

My problem is that like the FaceBook app, most developers have not figured out how to handle a keyboard that suddenly ends up in the middle of the screen, often covering the text you are trying to type. Though FaceBook at least moves the entry field, even if it loses the send button.

(notice how I so cleverly came back to the topic) ;)

(ouch, strained something trying to pat myself on the back.) :D

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Wow! Just realized I can drag the split keyboard up and down to get it out of the way, as long as I've careful not to drag it all the way to the bottom. One complaint mostly solved almost before I could gripe. Thanks Apple.

rubikfermill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
purnomosetiawan said:
after upgrading to ios 5 my fb always carsh when trying to upload photo

Happened to me too.. But eventually it'll be fine. Or you need to update you FB for iPad app.. :)

lizliew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How does you "untag" yourself if someone tags you in their pic?

strangers are friends we haven't met yet

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
rubikfermill said:
Happened to me too.. But eventually it'll be fine. Or you need to update you FB for iPad app.. :)

I have been crashing today when I try to open the app or reply to a post.

bongski55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I upgraded my ipad 2 to iOS 5 with the FB app still installed. I experienced the "crashing while uploading picture" problem. What I did was to uninstall fb app, then factory reset the ipad 2 then installed fb app again from the app store. that solved the upload crash problem.
I still heve problem with the chat tab though.....

Coffeeboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Maybe this thread should be located in the iPad help section by this time? Seeing since it not really concerns the news flash...

Still: no-one with the same problems as me? FB app crashes on loading and returns you to home screen (it shows up as inactive in the task bar)? It just happened again, and I'm growing quite annoyed re-installing it every two-three days...

//Stefan 

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe this thread should be located in the iPad help section by this time? Seeing since it not really concerns the news flash...

Still: no-one with the same problems as me? FB app crashes on loading and returns you to home screen (it shows up as inactive in the task bar)? It just happened again, and I'm growing quite annoyed re-installing it every two-three days...

//Stefan 
That's a good point, but we can't move everything to other areas as the topics are too varied.

However everyone should feel free to post help questions about FaceBook in the iPF Help Forum:

iPad Help

Last edited:

Coffeeboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just started a thread regarding troubles with (or questions about, come to think about it) the FB-app, Rich! :)

//Stefan 

Most reactions

Latest posts