What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Facebook App is Finally Here!

david rodriguez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
It was noted either earlier in this thread (sorry too lazy to check) or in another thread that the Send button disappears if you use the keyboard in the split or undocked mode. That is what is causing the confusion.

Okay I see it now...

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I though they were crazy too, until someone else pinpointed the problem. I haven't experimented with the split keyboard much, but it may grow on me.

trommis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Crashes all the time... When I select "friends", the list appear on the screen, but when I scroll, the iPad crashes.
App seems unfinished at present, and is far from stable with the latest OS.

KekszNET

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, the web version is still the best...

You cannot see a lot of information which easy availabe on the web interface, like to mange lists from a friend profile, etc.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Crashes all the time... When I select "friends", the list appear on the screen, but when I scroll, the iPad crashes.
App seems unfinished at present, and is far from stable with the latest OS.
Welcome to the forum! There are a lot of great people here willing to lend a hand anytime. Often using the Search box (at the top-left of every page) will lead you to the answers you're looking for. If not, feel free to post a question in the appropriate area.

Please take a moment to view the information here to get the most out of your iPad as well as our forum:

Forum Rules - Please read
Hacking Rules - Please read
iPad for Beginners
Free iPad User Manuals
Download The Official iPad Forum App

With regard to your iPad FB App crashing, you might want to try restarting and/or resetting your iPad. That's cured the issue for the FB app (and others) for a number of folks.
  • Restart the iPad: Press and hold down the Home button on the front of the iPad for few seconds until the red slider appears, slide this across to shut the iPad down. Restart the iPad by pressing the power button on the top until the Apple logo appears.
  • Reset the iPad: if restarting the iPad didn't work then you will need to reset the iPad. You can do this by pressing the Home button and the Sleep/wake button on the top the iPad's case and holding them down together for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo. The iPad should then reset itself. The boot up process will take longer than the restart.
Hope that helps. Let us know how it goes.

Welcome again and enjoy!

Milliebert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry no answer to that!

Mine is still working great, but I have issues with it! I can't use my wireless keyboard. When I do, there is no way to send a message! I can write it, but there is no send box. As I write using the keyboard most of the time, it's irritating if I flip to FB for a quick break then can't use it!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry no answer to that!

Mine is still working great, but I have issues with it! I can't use my wireless keyboard. When I do, there is no way to send a message! I can write it, but there is no send box. As I write using the keyboard most of the time, it's irritating if I flip to FB for a quick break then can't use it!

Hey, Milliebert - does your wireless keyboard have a key to bring up the onscreen keyboard? Because I've notice that when I'm on the Apple wireless keyboard and I hit that button - I get a send button next to the text box when the keyboard comes up on the iPad.

It's not a perfect solution, but it works.

Marilyn

Milliebert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HI Marilyn,

Yes it''s the eject button I believe, top right of the keyboard. It is the Apple Wireless keyboard I have. It takes longer to explain how to eject and bring up the onscreen keyboard than it does to actually do it! Thanks, it works fine for me.

And, I found the #key too! I thought it was missing forever, and as I am an avid Tweeter I really needed that!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Glad it worked for you. And, thanks for the update - always nice to hear back on success stories.

Happy tweeting! :D

Marilyn

ivybiznatch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My app has been crashing constantly lately. Kind of frustrating. :-(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you're having problems with the app crashing close it completely and then relaunch it. From the home screen do the four finger swipe up or double press the home button to reveal your multi task bar. These are all the apps that you have opened at one time. Long press the app until it jiggles and a red minus sign will appear above it. Press the minus sign, this will close the app, not delete it. See if it works now and let us know.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions