What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad extension cord

cmalinowski

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there an extension cord available that would extend the connector on the bottom of the iPad (or iPhone or iPod for that matter)?

Basically, something like the USB cable that plugs into the bottom, but instead of a USB on the other end it has another connector plug?

I thought this would be nice to have to plug my iPad into my iHome or other dock accessories.

Thanks,
Chris

GlennTX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a USB cord that works great. Don't remember where I got it. It has a male USB plug on one side and a female USB connector on the other. I would guess you could get one any place they sell cables. :)

Junior

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
macaddictionblog.wordpress.com
Apple has USB extension cables.. female on one end, and male on the other. Mainly used for keyboards, but they work the same with any USB connection. I've tested at work, and it works to charge my iPhone.

I've used non-Apple USB extenders and they work fine on my iPhone 3GS and my iPad. Nothing fancy, cost was a few dollars.

iDharma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a USB cord that works great. Don't remember where I got it. It has a male USB plug on one side and a female USB connector on the other. I would guess you could get one any place they sell cables. :)

I bought one of these at Radio Shack. I believe they are available at Target or any other store that sells aftermarket cables.

Norm01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I believe the OP was looking for a dock extender, just google IPad dock extender, they are out there.

OP
cmalinowski

cmalinowski

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I believe the OP was looking for a dock extender, just google IPad dock extender, they are out there.

Correct. Thanks. I thought what the others were saying was to get a female-to-female USB and just use two of the iPad/Phone/Pod cables. Your idea is probably much easier :)

Chris

Most reactions

Latest posts