What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charge Cord Question

Pinkipad2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I’m looking in the Apple Store for a charger accessory. I’ve found two types and I’m not sure which one I need.

I ordered an iPad 7th generation with a lightning port 8 pin connector.

Do I want the lightning cable to usb-a or the usb-c to lightning cable?

I’m also looking at a 20,000 universal battery with lightning connector and a 10,000 pro portable charger. Which is the battery charger for my iPad and do I need the cords I asked about first?

Thank you

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you bought the iPad new it comes with a charging cord and charger.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The USB-C to LIghtening cable would only be needed if the universal battery lacked a USB-A port, which is unlikely. When it comes to battery packs, bigger is generally better. The 20,000 pack will do a better job. The 10,000 pack might only partialy recharge your iPad.

In general, you will not need to bother with USB-C ports. Only the iPad Pro line uses them (at this time).

OP
Pinkipad2

Pinkipad2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you both. Okay USB-C to lightning cord for the charger cord to connect to my iPad (the lightning to usb six foot cord was just delivered) and the one that I need to buy.

For the 20,000 mAh charger, it has a lightning connector, so the cord I plan to buy is the right one, correct?

I will check in here tonight before I order anything. I won’t get my new iPad until next Monday so I have a day or two before I have to order or panic!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thank you both. Okay USB-C to lightning cord for the charger cord to connect to my iPad (the lightning to usb six foot cord was just delivered) and the one that I need to buy.

For the 20,000 mAh charger, it has a lightning connector, so the cord I plan to buy is the right one, correct?

As already stated, your new 10.2" iPad (blue box below) will come w/ a charger like shown, i.e.12W in top pic - the cable included should be a short version of the one seen in the 2nd pic, i.e. USB-A connector for the charger end and a lightning connector for the iPad; my 11" iPad Pro uses an 18W power adapter w/ the same USB-C connectors at each end of the cable (red box). Now, iDevices can be charged w/ a higher wattage unit, e.g. my wife's Mini 5 w/ a lightning port could be charged w/ my 18W adapter using a USB-C to lightning connector cable, i.e. faster charging time and with no damage.

Also, I'm assuming that your 20,000 mAh 'charger' is a battery backup - correct? Wife and I have about a half dozen different charging batteries for our iDevices and virtually all come w/ a micro-USB cable to charge the battery itself; now, there are likely other brands/models w/ a different charging option - so, out of curiosity, what is the brand/model of your battery charger? There are a bunch available and the cables needed can also vary. Dave :)
USB1.png
USB2.png

OP
Pinkipad2

Pinkipad2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I’m using the Apple cord and ordered the Anker cord as a backup. Now I just need the adapter...

Most reactions

Latest posts