What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Excel problem

Wairds

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been having a problem with Excel on my iPad whereby when I try to save a spreadsheet the application hangs and the only way out of it is to shut down.

That aside, I was advised on the Microsoft support forum to delete the Excel application. This I did and re-installed it. However when I opened Excel I found that all my spreadsheets had gone. I did not save them to the cloud thinking they were safe on my iPad. I have searched everywhere and cannot find them any where.

I am baffled by this and would appreciate any suggestions. Also is it possible to identify and restore individual files from the backup as a last resort?

Appreciate any advice.

Thank you.

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have been having a problem with Excel on my iPad whereby when I try to save a spreadsheet the application hangs and the only way out of it is to shut down.

That aside, I was advised on the Microsoft support forum to delete the Excel application. This I did and re-installed it. However when I opened Excel I found that all my spreadsheets had gone. I did not save them to the cloud thinking they were safe on my iPad. I have searched everywhere and cannot find them any where.

I am baffled by this and would appreciate any suggestions. Also is it possible to identify and restore individual files from the backup as a last resort?

Appreciate any advice.

Thank you.
Are you sure you are not backing your iPad up to iCloud? It’s usually on by default to back up whilst your device is plugged in and connected to the WiFi. If it is, then you could reset the iPad to factory settings and restore it from the backup made before your files were deleted.

OP
W

Wairds

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Appreciate any advice.

Thank you.
Are you sure you are not backing your iPad up to iCloud? It’s usually on by default to back up whilst your device is plugged in and connected to the WiFi. If it is, then you could reset the iPad to factory settings and restore it from the backup made before your files were deleted.
Thank you for your response. Yes, I am sure it is not on iCloud.
With respect to restoring the backup I have is a couple of months old hence I would like to restore selectively (if possible) as opposed to restoring the entire iPad.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Unhappily, iPad backups do allow partial restores. It’s all or nothing, If the backup is on a computer in iTunes, there may be tools (or methods) you can use to extract files, provided you did not choose to encrypt the backup. If the backup is in iCloud, there is little you can do.

Local storage on the iPad is almost always tied to the app it is for. If you delete the app, the files that it contained go with it.

Most reactions

Latest posts