What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for an app that can show Excel files with pictures.

JAILBIRD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm looking for an app that can show pictures in an Excel file. I have an Excel file that is an order form. It has columns with part numbers, descriptions, prices, etc.

In one of the columns, when you hover with your mouse, a small picture of the part pops up. When you click that cell, a large picture of the part is displayed.

Does anybody know of a spreadsheet app that would display this on the iPad?

I understand "hovering" wouldn't work on the iPad, but I'm hoping tapping to display the picture would. All the picture files are .JPG's or .TIF's.

Most of the spreadsheet apps are pretty pricey so I don't want to download them, just to find out they won't work.

Thank you for any help!

areynvoet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
JAILBIRD said:
I'm looking for an app that can show pictures in an Excel file. I have an Excel file that is an order form. It has columns with part numbers, descriptions, prices, etc.

In one of the columns, when you hover with your mouse, a small picture of the part pops up. When you click that cell, a large picture of the part is displayed.

Does anybody know of a spreadsheet app that would display this on the iPad?

I understand "hovering" wouldn't work on the iPad, but I'm hoping tapping to display the picture would. All the picture files are .JPG's or .TIF's.

Most of the spreadsheet apps are pretty pricey so I don't want to download them, just to find out they won't work.

Thank you for any help!

Try quick office pro HD.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Thank you for any help!

I understand your hesitation. However, in the circumstances you cite I'd suggest a couple of things.

() Send an email to the developer of the app you're interested in (QuickOffice, OfficePro, Documents to Go) and describe the functionality you need. You may get lucky and get an answer straight from the horse's mouth.

() If you purchase one of the Office emulators and find it does not provide the functionality you need, the chances are about 99%+ that Apple will refund your purchase price. Though it's a PITA not to have the option of trying an app before purchasing it (or having an automated return policy for, say, 24 hours) Apple is very liberal about returning purchase price for an app that doesn't meet your needs.

Most reactions