What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Google Drive - I need to sync excel on desktop and ipad. New iPad user, help?

duckJAI

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys, my first post here as I'm a new iPad Mini owner. I'll be using this mostly as a business tool and would like to get it setup to do so.

I'd like to get Google Drive to sync Excel documents from my desktop, and iPad Mini seamlessly.

I make daily changes on my excel spreadsheet on my desktop, and have Numbers on my iPad to be able to edit it.

However, the problem I'm having is if I edit the spreadsheet on Numbers, it doesn't automatically sync to Google Drive unless I manually export it (which is very time consuming to do each time).

Is this possible to do?

I've tried to use Google Drive to open the excel spreadsheet which is the default option, but it can't edit the file. It can only read the excel spreadsheet. Am I using this wrong or a setting I have to enable?

Thanks for your help in advance.

OP
D

duckJAI

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nevermind, problem solved.

Paid for Documents 2 Go and it does exactly what I need. 2 way syncing and seamless.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sounds like you are set. But just in case:

Google bought QuickOffice about a year ago, and has recently added Google Drive support for it. I don't' use it, but if any app is going to have excellent Google Drive support, this should be the one; or Google needs a smack along side the head.

Most reactions