What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad endless reboot, can not restore

antokz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad 1 3g, iOS 5.01 jb

My ipad stuck in endless reboot state. Can be forced to recovery or DFU mode and then itunes ask to restore. But after initial restore process & ipad required to reboot, my ipad stuck in endless reboot state again.

I have tried redsn0w's 'Fix Recovery' but when redsn0w in 'Waiting for reboot' my ipad stuck in endless reboot state again.

What should I do?

Thx.

Bluray

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Try not doing a restore, set it up as a new device and check if it still reboots.

Project37

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure if this will work as you already tried to use fix recovery but have you tried TinyUmbrella as it also has an option to "Exit Recovery" as well as "Fix Recovery". Might be worth a try. Good luck and keep us posted on the results.

Project37

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just noticed that your iPad was jail broken before. Are you installing a standard IOS 5.1 or a jail broken version?

GapsterLeFayt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same problem for me...

ipad2 stuck with the dreaded whit apple. I tried to restore using itunes but the battery was low and it didn't work (shouldn't it get power from the host computer when linked?)

Project37

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know about the iPad 2 but my new iPad will not charge while hooked up to my PC. You might want to hook it up to a power supply for a while before trying to update the firmware.

GapsterLeFayt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In fact, I had the ipad on charge for 6hrs plus and it was only showing 11% battery charge??

Maybe it's a problem only when 'stuck' in the white apple mode..

OP
A

antokz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure if this will work as you already tried to use fix recovery but have you tried TinyUmbrella as it also has an option to "Exit Recovery" as well as "Fix Recovery". Might be worth a try. Good luck and keep us posted on the results.
I have tried it before & no luck either.

Project37

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well that sucks. Do you have another Mac or PC that you can use and try to restore on it? Might be worth a try. I ran into a problem like that on an iPhone 3GS and it took many tries before I could get it out of the loop.

Most reactions

Latest posts