What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad connect a Internet-PC via USB cable to surf the Internet?

joephoto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
erm - ok back to the subject at hand ;)

I'm interested in this for using my phone as the hot spot for my Wifi iPad while on the road. At the moment, I'm using an (unrooted) Droid, which supports USB tethering to share it's 3G connection, but not Wifi hot spot sharing. I can root (jailbreak) the phone to enable the Wifi hot spot feature, but I'm not keen on rooting my phone at the moment.

Finding a means to enable the iPad to get it's interweb connection via USB would be magical for me.

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
Joephoto - sounds like a client would be needed in order to allow USB tethering to work. I use Tether on my Blackberry and Laptop when not near a wifi and it requires a client on the laptop in order to work.

Without Jail-breaking one or the other, I don't know if this is possible.

joephoto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Brad - that's what I've found thus far. I'm more inclined to root my phone, so I can tweak the processor speed as well. I'm not quite ready to jailbreak the iPad just yet. :ipad-front:

OP
W

wuzuoshun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thank you all!

but, I don't have a wifi hardware in my PC. The PC does have a dial-up Internet connection.

OP
W

wuzuoshun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thank you all!

but, I don't have a wifi hardware in my PC. The PC does have a dial-up Internet connection.

jerliz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Right on Scott. A lot easier on the couch or anywhere else than wrestling with a lap top on your chest ... or in the knee-throne position (smile)

Had I known about this software I could of saved my self $100 on a wireless modem. It works like a charm. I have an air card connected to my laptop and with this software I can now share its connectivity (connectify-me) with the iPad. I love this forum. Just google connectify-me for the software link

Jer (male counterpart of the jerliz duo)

Most reactions

Latest posts