What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad connect a Internet-PC via USB cable to surf the Internet?

wuzuoshun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad connect a PC via USB cable, the PC has a Internet connection.

So, can iPad use the PC as proxy to surf the Internet?

iPad-Sweden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What I know so får Is that feature not possible åt the moment via the usb cabel.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The USB cable is for transferring files to and from the iPad and your computer. Unless your computer has a dial-up Internet connection, you can buy a wireless router and use it to connect your iPad to the Internet.

ctitanic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
ultramobilepc-tips.com

So far I have not seen something like that done. If you are trying to connect your iPad to your PC at work to use it as a proxy probably you are going to find yourself blocked by your IT Department.

Please, gives us more details of what is your setup. If you are at home I don't see any reason why not to buy a cheap WiFi Router ;)

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If pc has windows 7 you can try an app called connectify. Install on pc to make pc wifi hotspot then connect iPad over wifi.....

ctitanic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
ultramobilepc-tips.com
If he has a PC at home connected via wifi then it has a wifi ap of some kind so the whole thing does not make sence. That's why i asked for more details.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
True but if he has a wifi hardware on his pc but no router he can still utilize connectify to get iPad rolling.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you already have the laptop up and running, what is the point of the iPad surfing?
Are you kidding? Even if you have a laptop, because of its size and weight, there's a lot of reasons to surf at home with an iPad! I don't have a laptop and the iPad is great for "couch surfing" and to put it rather indelicately, for surfing while in the "throne room" contemplating the problems with the universe as we know it :eek:. And while the weather is still nice, I also use mine while sitting out on the patio.

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
Are you kidding? Even if you have a laptop, because of its size and weight, there's a lot of reasons to surf at home with an iPad! I don't have a laptop and the iPad is great for "couch surfing" and to put it rather indelicately, for surfing while in the "throne room" contemplating the problems with the universe as we know it :eek:. And while the weather is still nice, I also use mine while sitting out on the patio.

Are you kidding? Why surf on an iPad while it is CONNECTED to the laptop. It is one thing to be off the wire, but using a laptop as a tether to the internet for an iPad? Really?

So, you take your laptop, sync cable and iPad to the patio to surf?

Seriously, did you read the thread or only make assumptions on my post?

FYI

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seriously, did you read the thread or only make assumptions on my post?
Judge_Gavel.jpg

Guilty as charged your honor! I did not read the entire thread from the beginning.

Once in a while I do make mistakes. You can ask my wife!

Most reactions

Latest posts