What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Class Action

wkramer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple is included because it was their responsibility to know that a plan by AT&T was in the works that voided all of the advertised 3G availability that they promised. No competent manufacturer would advertise a feature that they could not guarantee to be in place for a reasonable amount of time (no matter what was included in the fine print which no one ever reads). 1 to 2 months is not a reasonable amount of time no matter who is making the determination.

It is irrelevant if 96% of 3G users are not really adversely affected by the change.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple is being sued because some lawyer thinks he can get a few bucks for a few clients and millions in legal fees.

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would suspect that AT&T and Apple had deal in place where after 'X' many iPads sold, they would pull this off. Neither Apple or AT&T, probably did not expect to reach this plateau this soon and maybe expected this after a year or so. Apple did not project to sell 2-million iPads in two months. I dont support the idea of this lawsuit but Apple is a much responsible as AT&T, think about it, they are partners. I dont think the lawsuit will go anywhere, just another puke lawyer trying to cash in on couple billion dollar companies.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple is being sued because technically Apple lied. They did the iPad keynote stating the 3G plans.....a week after the device came out and people shelled out cash for it they changed the plans...that is bait and switch....doesn't matter if its all AT&Ts fault...if thats the case apple needs to finally stop doing business with them...but they are responsible for their product!

Teacher's Pet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple is being sued because some lawyer thinks he can get a few bucks for a few clients and millions in legal fees.

Lol, oh how true it is. Capt Kirk was on the mark too with his comment.

I don't like the change any better than anyone else. But when dealing with companies like the big mobile carriers, things like this are to be expected until some things are changed majorly. I don't believe based on what Ive seen so far, that this was a big conspiracy among Steve and his cohorts, Although I could be wrong. Being the business genius that he is, I think if it was a decision he made, he would have handled things a lil better to not have such a negative effect on apple public opinion.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think it's a conspiracy, but Apple is responsible for who they do business with.

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How to quantify the damages to members of the class? Betcha any settlement will be practically worthless to individual iPad owners.

brhon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have received mailings over the years on being considered part of the "class", but when you read all the fine print the money goes to all the countless law firms handling the suit in the diff states. I normally throw them away. I am patiently waiting to get a droid phone so I can connect with that. I'm hoping for an early upgrade offer from VZW this summer.

How to quantify the damages to members of the class? Betcha any settlement will be practically worthless to individual iPad owners.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yep, they advertised something, and switched to something else. Classic.

It doesn't affect me because I'm international and we get raped for data anyway, but I am not sympathetic to Apple and AT&T in this case. I think they deserve to lose, get a fine, and be held to their advertising.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have received mailings over the years on being considered part of the "class", but when you read all the fine print the money goes to all the countless law firms handling the suit in the diff states. I normally throw them away. I am patiently waiting to get a droid phone so I can connect with that. I'm hoping for an early upgrade offer from VZW this summer.

When is your current upgrade date? Mine is february and because i am the account holder they offered me the upgrade today fork the htc droid incredible but I will be in Germany all next month so I'm just waiting until i get back

Teacher's Pet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think it's a conspiracy, but Apple is responsible for who they do business with.

Yes, you're exactly right, and they carry quite a bit of weight. I'm with you, Id love to see apple go to some other mobile carriers, and I like to think that if other wireless carriers were going to offer service for apple products, they would treat customers better knowing they were competing, and needed apples customers.

Most reactions