What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unlimited AT&T Data Plan on iPad 2

richgalen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just spoke with an AT&T service rep with this question: I have an unlimited data plan for my iPad 1. If I buy an iPad 2 can I continue with that same plan or do I have to go to the "new" data plan?

She said that all I had to do was to call in with my IMEI and SIM and they'd switch my existing plan to the new device.

When I give my old, outdated, heavy, 4.2 IOS iPad to my wife I'll buy a more limited data plan for that machine

Last edited:

spowagk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, i'm in same position!

Thanks, I'm also planning on a donation to the wife! I figure the second hand value of the 64g 3G iPad 1 is likely close to $350 now? Anyone have any views? Mine has small small cosmetic damage on the corner as I dropped it so i might be best just getting the points form the wife.

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, I'm also planning on a donation to the wife! I figure the second hand value of the 64g 3G iPad 1 is likely close to $350 now? Anyone have any views? Mine has small small cosmetic damage on the corner as I dropped it so i might be best just getting the points form the wife.

You might consider not giving it away. Gazelle.com just bought my iPad 64g 3G for $530. Once you accept the offer they give you 30-days to ship the iPad to get the locked-in price. They even cover the shipping costs via UPS. I'm putting the $530 toward the iPad 2.

I also have the unlimited AT&T data plan, but I'm going with Verizon for several reasons:

At least where I work in Boston, my iPad internet speed falls to a frustrating, maddening crawl after 12n each day. I just bought a Verizon iPhone 4 and have been comparing web browsing speed. Even though the ATT 3G is slightly faster on paper, my Verizon iPhone 4 is at worst the same speed loading full web pages, and at best (in the afternoons) at least 5 times faster! No comparison. ATT's network must be waaay overloaded.

For $5 a month more I can get a 3gb plan from Verizon which is probably more than I use on ATT anyway.

giniti

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unlimited data plna

Hi Tarkio

Please I would like to know if you will sell your sim card unlimited data plan. Im interested to buy it.

Thank you

Most reactions

Latest posts