What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad “cheat sheets” for keys other than CMD?

Padcatt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So, I just learned (goog’d) that CTRL-D is how to forward delete on iPad.

Unlike the CMD key, pressing down CTRL does not invoke that transparent layer revealing all the things you can do in conjunction with CTRL key.

Is there a sheet or document somewhere which spells out all keyboard tricks possible on iPad?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
So, I just learned (goog’d) that CTRL-D is how to forward delete on iPad.

Unlike the CMD key, pressing down CTRL does not invoke that transparent layer revealing all the things you can do in conjunction with CTRL key.

Is there a sheet or document somewhere which spells out all keyboard tricks possible on iPad?
Well, I rarely use my BT keyboard with my iPad, so have not explored the various key combos - but for starters, check out this Apple Support Article - a google search using some well chosen terms would likely bring up a lot of hits. Good luck! Dave :)

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Holding down the Command key reveals all available keyboard shortcuts, not just those invoked with the command key alone. What shows is based what is currently available. For instance, you won’t see text editing shortcuts if you aren’t editing text.

There are a lot more available shortcuts in iPadOS 15. Be sure to scroll right to see them, or use the tabs below the shortcuts to select the options,

Attachments

• 7DB2768A-C02C-49EE-A098-40DA5133430D.png
    7DB2768A-C02C-49EE-A098-40DA5133430D.png
    191.1 KB · Views: 91

Most reactions

Latest posts