What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Case Reviews

Finnedog

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Someone had mentioned that they did not think there was a lanyard loop on the iPad which would come in handy as sometimes I fall asleep reading!:) May need to have a case I can tie to myself.

lp1968

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm of the opinion that one requires two cases for the iPad:

1) A bag for carrying the iPad around during commutes, etc. in a hands-free kind of way. For that, I have ordered the Case Logic E-Sling- Small (Case Logic E-Sling- Small > Laptop > Case Logic).

2) A form-fitting case (like the Apple iPad case) that allows the iPad to be propped up at different angles on a table, etc. This will facilitate a better video watching and typing experience. For this case, I'm waiting to see how the market matures and which options appear after the first little while after the iPad launch. I'm leaning toward the Apple iPad case for this purpose (Apple - iPad - View the technical specifications for iPad.) (near bottom of page), but I also find products like the Quirky Cloak (quirky | Cloak) and the Macally BookStand (BookStand Macally Peripherals) intriguing.

Decisions, decisions…..

I have been trying to decide between the Macally or the iLuv ICC 806. Not sure what I'm going to do yet. But it will be able to stand on a table for movie or slideshow and flip over for typing.

Ellie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have already ordered the iPad case. In addition, I will buy an over the shoulder purse that iPad and case both fit into. Something black and brown that will match my accessories and no one will no I am carrying an iPad. That is where woman have an advantage over you guys.:)

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered the apple case just in case but what I would really like is the same style but in leather instead of vinyl. Having ordered the 3G at least gives me a chance to cancel it before it ships if I do find a leather one I like better. Hopefully some wifi buyers will have some reviews.

brenthaven

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for purchasing the new Bill-Fold! By billboard material, we simply mean a very thick high density vinyl. Can't really tell you where the billboards are from (we are sworn to secrecy), but if you knew, you'd be happy!! =)

Let me know if you have any additional questions!

kravdog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just picked up a belkin vue netbook sleeve for my iPad. It fits great and should still have enough room once I put on my cimo case that I won in the ipadforums contest :D

I have also been looking at the quirky cloak case, but they wont have the product ready until may...just in time for my 3G :)

Last edited:

Kargurin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple case works for me.... Lightweight, flexible and protective. It's a snug fit though and wonder if it will be a problem slipping it on after I apply the screen protector.

StudioTq

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got to say, I love this incase leather portfolio

This is real leather and will stand on it's own at 3 positions. This is a great case!

CGPanama

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I received the Apple iPad case today. Here are some thoughts:

It fits snugly around the iPad. Don't need to force it in. All ports and buttons are easily accessible. The material is neoprene like, and makes carrying the iPad feel a bit more secure that the glass and aluminum. The weight is not noticeable when added to the device, which can feel a bit hefty at times.

The front cover folds backwards into two positions, the first being completely folded over. This allows for holding the iPad as a table, though it can be a bit awkward due to the thickness and the added bump of the insert tab. Which brings me to the tabbed fold. The front cover is hinged about a quarter way through allowing it to fold and the edge of the cover inserted into a tab on the back of the case. This forms a narrow wedge shape allowing the iPad to be propped up at about a 75 degree angle. Not functional for use, but good for viewing. Thanks to the auto-rotation, lying the wedge down quickly turns the ipad/case combo into a keyboard/monitor. A big improvement over working with the iPad flat on the table, though still a far cry from a traditional keyboard and monitor for look and feel and ergonomics.

The biggest problems for me are the additional flap that emerges from the central fold. It seems to serve the sole purpose of providing stability for the case when in the upright wedge. But can get in the way in other situations. The tab insert on the back, like any clip on the back of a phone case, can get make for an awkward grip at times, but is low enough profile to only be a minor annoyance.

I am still waiting for my keyboard dock, which I hope will come in handy for lengthier typing sessions. I am curious if Apple gave enough thoughts to whether or not an enclosed iPad can still fit into the dock. I am loathe to get in the habit of frequently removing the case.

Anyway, it is good enough for now for me to stick with and wait for something else to come along that exceeds the Apple case in quality and functionality.

brhon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey CG, the Apple case will not fit in the dock with the case on. After pulling my iPad in and out multiple times I can see that there could be a durability problem with where the seams are glued. I have only come across one case that is advertised as being able to fit most docks, who knows if this is true.

Reaction score
Been planning to buy a case for my iPad. But i'm a little confused on what to buy. Can anyone give some inputs.

Ellie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love the case. I am able charge in case and will return I pad dock because I don't need that. I bought a beautiful over s the shoulder purse. It is light weight, leather and folded case with pad fits nicely. I have other pockets for misc. It is just a nice womans handbag and no one will no what I am carrying. That is if my DH stops telling everyone about my iPad:D

Ellie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know why you would be pulling pad out of case. You have all the slots for everything and don't need the dock. Of course if you bought keyboard dock I can see that is problem. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts