What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Case Reviews

brhon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought the regular dock- I didnt like the looks or the functionality of the keyboard dock. I want a case that I can sit into a dock. I love the feel of the Apple case-it is just easy removing it. It also does not fit well into the Incase Travel Kit I bought. I am going back to Apple store to take another look this afternoon.

Ellie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love the apple case. Took my iPad on the town in it's snug case closed like a book. Slipped into my over the shoulder bag and took it shopping with me (with my grocery list on it) it was in my over the shoulder handbag and no one knew what a great electronic brain I was carrying :D

GHII

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered a Case-mate Walkabout, I will post pics once it gets here..(probably Sat)

TheBaron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
12698329720.jpg

Soft Silicon Case Skin Cover For Apple iPad

Made of high-quality material
100% brand new.
Easily control your equipment without ever having to removing case
Anti-dust, Impact protective and tear-resistant
Elegant & Light
Diagonal Line: 9.7''
Total Size: 24.5 x20cm(LxW)
Color: White

This is the type of cover I'm leaning toward, however it seems there are tons of manufacturers making them and I can't decide which is the best one for the price. Can you tell me how snug the Soft Silicon is? Does it line up well with all the buttons and speaker holes? How thin is it?

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am looking for the thinnest decent shell I can find. I don't want to distract from the metal cover, but since it scratches easy, I want to have some protection. Probably a hard shell rather than a soft shell.

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am looking for the thinnest decent shell I can find. I don't want to distract from the metal cover, but since it scratches easy, I want to have some protection. Probably a hard shell rather than a soft shell.

You should check out seidio. They have a few shells and looks like they're coming out with more cool stuff. I can vouch for them as a retailer they have very good customer service.

jrhoffman75

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple Case and Keyboard Dock

A little judicious scissor work cuts out a piece of the rear of the cover that will then allow the iPad with case to be used with the keyboard dock.

mamiamjo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seidio Good But...

You should check out seidio. They have a few shells and looks like they're coming out with more cool stuff. I can vouch for them as a retailer they have very good customer service.

I can vouch for Seidio. I've bought things from them before and never have had an issue. But I can not recommend their Premium Skin Silicon Case.
I bought one and received it in just two days (it helps that I live in Houston).

I do like the fact that the case has a cut out for the back showing the Apple Icon, and all the ports are lined up properly.

What I don't like is that the case is still slightly slippery (not much better grip than the actual backing). And... The fit is a bit too loose for me. When holding the ipad the edges of the case will slip off fairly easily and it doesn't feel as secure as I'd like.

I do see that they also have an Innocase Hard Case and a Flex Case listed on their site and I'd probably try one of those.

Another option, is the Belkin Grip Vue case. I bought this at the Apple Store. It fits tight, doesn't slip and is more grippable than the one I bought at Seidio. It does not have a cut out for the Apple Icon, but it's translucent (although) colored (mines black). You can still see the Icon and it gives the unit a smoky gray - black look.

stever

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like a lot of these...

But The BIG point for me ....
Whatever case I am going to be carrying the IPad around in.
From office to car to home, to meetings, to laying on the desk at home...
MUST have something in at least one wall of the case, that will not bend !

If the case will bend or flex, then so can such pressure be transfered to the IPad.

A flimsy sleeve, a case that will flex, is fine for laptops or netbooks.
Their construction and / or thickness give them added protection.

If the case with the other books you have, bends ...
If that bag tries to bend around that loop holding the water bottle . . .
I do NOT want to hear that awful CR-acK !

At the very least, a very stiff, unbending panel, is vital in any case choice I will make.

cosmo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I havent gotten my ipad yet, does the outside scratch easily? I was thinking about just a screen cover only.

Eeyore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipadregalbeige1.jpg

ipadregalbeige4.jpg
[/QUOTE]

[I had posted this in the MacRumors forum and am now reposting this cover review here.]

I received this cover today in the mail. The beige color looks exactly like in the pictures. Shipping was from the Los Angeles area and took 1 day to process and 2 days to get here in Northern California. It is built well with a stiff but slightly padded front and back of leather. The flap is held in place with 3 small button magnets sewn inside. The inside covering that touches the iPad is a gray felt material. Also has a strong chemical smell. I am currently letting it air out to try and get rid of the smell. The iPad itself is held in place with two sewn in leather loops on the bottom and the two top retainers are a strong bungee cord type fitting with little leather pads attached. Since I don't have my iPad yet to test the fitting I may try and sneak down to the Apple Store in the Mall and see how it fits in.

Update: The iPads on Display have a locking cable on them that interfered with the insertion of the iPad into the case. Spoke to one of the Apple Geniuses who then pulled out a 16GB iPad that they use for the classes.

The hdaccessory case fits snugly, feels nice and looks very nice. There is about 3 millimeters between the edge of the iPad and the edge of the case, so protection from drops won't protect your iPad if it hit the floor edgewise. Sitting on the floor, I did the shake test several times to see how snug the iPad would stay in the case. Didn't budge, so that was good. [The Genius, however, wasn't too thrilled by this test. :D ]

Adjusting the front lid, you can set the case up in portrait mode by itself. In landscape mode, I flipped the front lid over and it slides on the glass table I used so you would have to use a prop to keep the lid from sliding. There is no tilt function when typing, which is where the Apple case advantage is.

There is a problem with the top bungee type fittings. When in use, the top right bungee covers over the top 1/3 of the on/off button. You can easily click the button and it doesn't seem to interfere with the operations, but it is a point against it. If the bungee was just a bit tighter, the on/off button would remain pressed in all the time. Since the 3G model is just a teeny-weenie bit taller than the Wifi model, there may be a problem. The top left bungee covers 1/2 of the hole for your headphones. I was able to adjust it to the side but the headphone jack has to seat securely into the iPad and the bungee prevents it from doing that. In addition, the microphone hole is now covered.

The strong chemical smell is still there and I am going to let the case sit outside overnight. Hopefully the smell will lessen. As far as returning the item, hdaccessory posts that there is a 20% open box fee on any opened hardware or accessory. Shipping costs are not refundable.

Link--- http://www.hdaccessory.com/servlet/the-3102/Apple-iPad-W-dsh-Fi-WiFi/Detail

All the Best!

(Still waiting for my 3G)

Last edited:

iFreeman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered both the HardCandy Hard Shell case and the Case-Mate Gelli for my iPad. I should have them both in a few days and will post a quick review of them.

Attachments

• case-hardcandy-hardsleeve.jpg
    case-hardcandy-hardsleeve.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 235
  • casemate.jpg
    casemate.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 211

Most reactions

Latest posts