What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Case Reviews

largefarva

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I originally ordered the sleek skin from hard candy cases, but just cancelled my order there since I found something else.

I like the folio style cases much more so I ordrered this one

iPhone 3g Accessories, iPod Car Kit, Chargers, Headset, iPhone 3g Cover, Speaker Retailer

while I'm waiting for my quirky cloak. It's more my style, and it was cheaper. :) Oh and I'll likely get it quicker than I would have the sleek skin which was supposed to have shipped out last week which got delayed for some reason.

Loves2spoon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been searching for days for cases. I need to order one but I can't choose.

Tuff-Luv has one for $60 that looks nice and is made of nappa leather. Very nice!

The Apple iPad Case I played with at the store had so much dust on it... No thanks

Sleeve's are nice but I'd like something that opens like a book, isn't too heavy, has a nice material on the outside ie: soft matte black or leather.

largefarva

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been searching for days for cases. I need to order one but I can't choose.

Tuff-Luv has one for $60 that looks nice and is made of nappa leather. Very nice!

The Apple iPad Case I played with at the store had so much dust on it... No thanks

Sleeve's are nice but I'd like something that opens like a book, isn't too heavy, has a nice material on the outside ie: soft matte black or leather.

Did you check out the link I posted in the post above yours? From the sounds of it....you're looking for pretty much the same thing I am. I should know by the end of the week if it lives up to my expectations.

Loves2spoon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Those cases do look nice. I saw them a couple days ago but forgot about it.

Ordering mine now. Thanks!

Techdad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have the apple case, and like it a lot, but will probaly will get another to switch to now and then.

Patra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought a Vera Bradley mini laptop case for my preordered ipad. I know this will send the ipad purist into orbit, but it is quite cute. According to apples specs, it should fit nicely. It has a hard shell,but has velcro bars that adjust for a proper fit. It was about $40-$50.

How did it fit? I bought one for my netbook, but am planning on using it for the iPad 3G once it gets here. I got mine for $25 because the fabric was discontinued!

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The strong chemical smell is still there and I am going to let the case sit outside overnight. Hopefully the smell will lessen. As far as returning the item, hdaccessory posts that there is a 20% open box fee on any opened hardware or accessory. Shipping costs are not refundable.

There was another case I was considering until both of the review in Amazon mentioned that the case stinked and would not clear up. It appeared to be a problem with its manufacture in China. Another reason I do not like things made in China.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipad accessories from china

There was another case I was considering until both of the review in Amazon mentioned that the case stinked and would not clear up. It appeared to be a problem with its manufacture in China. Another reason I do not like things made in China.

Hi let me explain to you, have 2 type of made in China,

first is developed by chinese and made in China , second developed by foreigner and made in China

Like our precious is made in China but developed in California..

i develop products products made in China from 1996 and from 7 years i live in Asia, the main problem of chinese is they don’t understand the foreign needing they just do as they do for the local market .. for them a products have a problem is not important , just return and wait …

yet many company propose products have been designed before they got iPad in hand so of course is risky …. but it’s also fast money be the first got money and see the problem later …

each company have they own view , we don’t have this one so i prefer to wait loose some sales but make my customer happy

Gremlin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IpadOne, I wanted to ask you if your iPad City Bag will hold an iPad with an Apple Case on it. A Lot of bags are so tight they can only fit a bare iPad.

P.S. When is your store opening?

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IpadOne, I wanted to ask you if your iPad City Bag will hold an iPad with an Apple Case on it. A Lot of bags are so tight they can only fit a bare iPad.

P.S. When is your store opening?

Hi Gremlin the city bag is designed for accept and firmly maintain the iPad, with or without cover (include our bump case) , the online shop will open soon , after we are sure all of our products will fit well with the iPad 3G some of or products are already in the us market but it’s only the one we are sure some mm ( 3 at least) will not affect the final user.

register your self in our mailing list we will keep you update soon

brhon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HI Gremlin-I have that problem with the Apple case fitting inside the Incase Travel kit. The corners have to smash down to get the zipper closed and it is very hard to slide the ipad out. I am also concerned about odors coming from products. I want to touch it before I buy it and that is not easy with so many of these products. Who wants to mess around with buying and returning something if you dont have to.

Gremlin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just canceled an order for the Kensington Sling bag because it only allowed for a bare iPad. The problem some companies seem to have is distinguishing between an iPad Case and a Carry-on bag. You want an iPad case to be form fitting but a carry-on bag you want a little lee-way or adjustability so you can accommodate an iPad Case.

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HI Gremlin-I have that problem with the Apple case fitting inside the Incase Travel kit. The corners have to smash down to get the zipper closed and it is very hard to slide the ipad out. I am also concerned about odors coming from products. I want to touch it before I buy it and that is not easy with so many of these products. Who wants to mess around with buying and returning something if you dont have to.

That's why I'm waiting a while before I buy another case. I bought the apple case for my 3G because I figured apple was really the only one who actually had both the wifi and 3G ipads so their cases should be a good fit. I'll wait for the 3G's to be out for a bit before I go shopping for an additional leather case and bag.

Most reactions