What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Car Mount - Opel Astra Sports Tourer - am SOOO Happy :)

angelusone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

The ideas on this website helped me to build my DIY iPad car mount, so I wanted to share mine with you.

I wanted to have my iPad in the car without having to touch the dashboard too much, I didnt want to deteriorate my interior :)
So I bought the Arkon iPad cup holder: http://www.buybuystores.com/arkon-ipm3-123g-cup-holder-mount-for-the-new-ipad-3rd-gen-ipad-2-with-custom-fit-holder.html
It's nice, cheap but the arm is way too short, so I couldn't reach the 6th gear when I was driving ;)
I was a bit frustrated, so I looked in the car where I could screw "something" to fix my iPad holder on.
I have found out that I could screw a metal 90° angle used to for doors and windows (0,70€) on my glove compartment's left side and as I can do it inside the compartment, if one day I remove it, we would not see the holes. Actually I used 2 pieces of metal as my iPad was wobbling a bit, so it's more stable now.
There are holes in this piece of metal, so I could screw the mechanism behind the Arkon holder, now I can move the iPad the position I need.
I said enough, please have a look :rolleyes: Let me know if you a have question

IMG_0519.JPGIMG_0520.JPGIMG_0521.JPGIMG_0522.JPGIMG_0524.JPG:)

Last edited:

Most reactions