What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Car Charger

zman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What car charger are you using (if ever) right now?
Is it iPad-specific? Or is just your iPhone/iTouch car charger?
Any good deals around for nice quality ones?

PowerJolt_iPad_1.jpg

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have a power inverter that I can plug into my 12V outlets and get low amperage 120VAC + USB ports. So I can charge using my iPad charger, or at least use the USB plug to maintain the charge.

Robertt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found a cheap iPhone car charger at Staples and I'm using that.

Rasputina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm using a car inverter we had for our laptop and just plugging in the ac cord.

OP
zman

zman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Use Apple iPad Car Charger. It is plugged into the cigarette lighter port for its power supply in your car. Even if you use this car charger for a long time, its cable can retain its original shape after long period of use. With it, your Apple iPhone 3G will be supplied with power as it charges the battery at the same time.

Unless you know something I don't, I believe there is no official (OEM) Apple Ipad Car Charger yet.

They do have the Kensington, Griffin, and Incase brand car chargers for the iPad though.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Use Apple iPad Car Charger. It is plugged into the cigarette lighter port for its power supply in your car. Even if you use this car charger for a long time, its cable can retain its original shape after long period of use. With it, your Apple iPhone 3G will be supplied with power as it charges the battery at the same time.

Ni hao Abby, i think you didn’t know what you are talking about at all …. we are talking about charging not just maintain same level of energy this even a car charger for first iPod video can do it ….

Last edited:

appsmonkey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
appsmonkey.com
I used to have that Griffin you posted above, which works very well - it has the 2.1 Amps needed to charge the iPad, as long as you're using the 2 Amp USB cable that it comes with. I ended up upgrading to a Kensington Duo though, so I could charge both my iPad and my iPhone together without 'splitting' the charging power (it has 2.1 amps for iPad and 1 amp for iPhone). It's super cheap too ($8.49 on sale at Amazon).

41xlR6AS4yL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Last edited:

ipfmike

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just ordered two of [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Kensington-K39224US-PowerBolt-Charger-including/dp/B003GSL6UG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1292357129&sr=8-1"]these[/ame], one for each of our cars. My wife often runs out of juice for her iPod, so this will take care of that problem as well as having the 2 amps for the iPad.

bestpower

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i use my portable power ,which is convient for my iphone4/ipad .

i use my portable power ,which is convient for my iphone4/ipad .
:ipad-back:
i have a power inverter that I can plug into my 12V outlets and get low amperage 120VAC + USB ports. So I can charge using my iPad charger, or at least use the USB plug to maintain the charge.

slim gravy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What car charger are you using (if ever) right now?
Is it iPad-specific? Or is just your iPhone/iTouch car charger?
Any good deals around for nice quality ones?

PowerJolt_iPad_1.jpg

I have this one from when I had an iPhone, it says the not charging with the iPad. Fail.

Phosen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.cnvsin.com
I work in a company who is producing usb chargers for Ipad,maybe I can help you.Just add my skype wellsun21 ,I can provide you detailed information

Aden8100

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have kensington K39224US power bolt.Quality is most important thing in this regard.Detachable USB cable lets you charge and sync your iPad.The most important thing is that Ultra-small size.

RedRaider

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.rrtech.net

mosesk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Aden8100 said:
I have kensington K39224US power bolt.Quality is most important thing in this regard.Detachable USB cable lets you charge and sync your iPad.The most important thing is that Ultra-small size.

How do I get one

Most reactions