What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Calendar Not Syncing to Google Calendar on Android

danielgaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey gang,

Pretty new to the iPad game, and having issues with various calendars. When I enter events on the iPad into the calendar, it's not syncing to our Android-based smart phones. If I enter it through Google calendar on the iPad, it shows up, just not when I use the calender option on the iPad. Has anyone come across this issue? Wondering if it might be the difference in operation systems.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Is it showing up on the Google website when you enter the event in Calendar on the iPhone?

In your Google account settings, under Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendar, select the Google account. Try turning off the Calendar syncing (tell it to delete stuff on the iPad), visit the Calendars to make sure it did, then turn it back on.

Only do this if all your important events are showing up on the Google web site.

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Check what your default calendar is set to, it sounds like your ipad is not using your google account as default.

Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendar - scroll down to calendar section - default calendar

OP
D

danielgaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it showing up on the Google website when you enter the event in Calendar on the iPhone?

In your Google account settings, under Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendar, select the Google account. Try turning off the Calendar syncing (tell it to delete stuff on the iPad), visit the Calendars to make sure it did, then turn it back on.

Only do this if all your important events are showing up on the Google web site.

No, it doesn't. I tried entering a fake event and it doesn't show up on Google calendar when I enter it on the iPad. We have three accounts synced: my Gmail, my wife's Gmail and a shared account on the iPad. The shared iPad is the calendar that isn't showing up.

OP
D

danielgaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check what your default calendar is set to, it sounds like your ipad is not using your google account as default.

Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendar - scroll down to calendar section - default calendar

I don't know if this would be the right option. We have three calendars: two Gmail calendars and the "Home" calendar that is our shared iPad calendar. How can these all show up reciprocally?

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Is the shared ipad one a icloud account? That would explain why it doesn't show up on google.

OP
D

danielgaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, it's on iCloud. Is that the problem? Now that you mention it, that makes sense. What are possible solutions?

OP
D

danielgaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So there's no way to use the iPad calendar and share it to Android phones? Only way to share via the cloud would be iPad to iPhones?

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
You can't use icloud, but the ipad calendar app has no problem syncing with google (or various other accounts), so just use your google account to setup a shared account.

OP
D

danielgaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can't use icloud, but the ipad calendar app has no problem syncing with google (or various other accounts), so just use your google account to setup a shared account.

Sorry, but that still doesn't work. I've selected the two Google accounts that are associated with my wife and my calendar, deselected the iCloud account and it still doesn't sync from the calendar application to our Google accounts. Is this too easy that I'm overlooking something, or is it actually a difficult thing?

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Have you actually set your google accounts up on the iPad in settings - mail contacts and calendars and have selected to sync the accounts to the calendar?

OP
D

danielgaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes. The only items that don't sync are those that I enter using the iPad calendar application. Every other item entered on the calendar shows up. Both Google accounts are set to sync (just quadruple-checked). I just turned the iCloud calendar off, and that seems to have alleviated the problem. Could that have been the fix?

OP
D

danielgaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Never mind. The items on our iCloud calendar, when turned back on, don't show up on our Google calendars. It didn't fix anything on that front.

Most reactions

Latest posts