What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cannot sync Ipad 4 calendar to Google calendar

Ronata28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everybody,
Just joined the forum, so "HELLO".
Got my Ipad4 about 6 weeks ago, and really enjoy using it. However, I have come across one problem. When I enter an event on Google calender using an Android phone it updates the Ipad calender app, BUT when I enter an event on the Ipad calander app, it does not update the Google calendar. I have spoken to the techies at Apple, who proved that update to Icloud was working, but they cannot get it to update Google, saying possibly a Google issue. I have tried all the options (including deleting and resetting the account) suggested when searching the internet, but although all settings appear right, it still will not update from Ipad to Google. I know I can use a third party app (Calenmob) but feel that with the sophistication of the Ipad it should work both ways.

Any help greatly appreciated - and thanks in anticipation

silverado8405

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you are adding the event is it being added to the google calendar or the iCloud calendar? See the screen shot I'm attaching, click the arrow and it'll give you more calendar options. I've had the same issue in the past.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374838117.415487.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Ronata...along with Silverado's good advice, make sure that in your iPad settings you have your gmail settings calendar turned on if you haven't already.

image-98862298.jpg

Also...

Have you tried to do the following?

1. Force the app to close?
2. Try to restart your iPad?
3. Try to do a reset?

You can try this in order, if an app becomes misbehaves...

Force the app to close down by pushing the home button twice or by doing a 4-finger swipe to bring up your multi-task bar. This will show all the apps that you have visited. Press the app, until it begins to shake. Close out the apps by pressing the red circle in each app. It will only quit the app and not delete. Than try to re-open the app and test out.

If that doesn't work, restart the iPad by pressing the power switch down to power off.

Third is to do a reset by holding the power switch and home button together until you see the apple logo. Hope that helps!

Skimonkey ~~ sent from my iPad using iPF

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Look at your default calendar in Settings - Mails, Contacts, Calendars - Default Calendar. If you want to sync all your events to a Google calendar, choose the Gmail calendar as your default calendar.

OP
R

Ronata28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank to all that replied:

I have tried setting up an Exchange account, but when I get to the password, it will not accept what I know to be correct.
I have checked the default calendar
I have made sure the iPad calendar is updating Google
I have closed down the calendar app
I have closed down the IPad

Still ain't working !

Guess I'll have to stick to third party apps

Thanks for suggestions anyway

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've set mine up as Google Mail account and not Exchange. My calendar syncs to my Android phone.

Do you use the built in Calendar app on your Android phone?

Last edited:
OP
R

Ronata28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Ja

Mine is also set up as Google - and I've tried both the android app and a third party app.
Still no go

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Ja

Mine is also set up as Google - and I've tried both the android app and a third party app.
Still no go

On your Android calendar, look at your Settings. Somewhere you should see which calendars are synced.
And on your iPad calendar, tap one random event you've added and look which calendar is chosen there. If it's not the Google calendar, change that.

Perhaps something else that's different with my calendar: I set up my Gmail account in Mails, Contacts, Calendars, but I only use the Gmail calendar:

image-1422048896.jpg

For my emails, I use an app.

Last edited:

Most reactions