What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Battery

mobutler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What is causing my battery to lose power very quickly when it is not in use , this has happened in the last couple of days.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
What is causing my battery to lose power very quickly when it is not in use , this has happened in the last couple of days.

You might want to tell us 'what' might have changed in the last few days w/ your iPad, e.g. iOS update, new app(s) added, new wireless uses, etc.?

Also if not already done, 'Reset' the device (hold the On-Off & Home buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears - may take about 10 seconds or so - then release both buttons and wait for the iPad to 'reboot').

In addition, take a look at the Apple Battery Support Article & Tips Extending Battery Life - good luck and let us know your progress - Dave :)

OP
M

mobutler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Will try the reboot, also have deleted some apps to no avail, I closed last night after closing my apps, I have lost 25 percent at startup this morning.

OP
M

mobutler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have moved home also, and was unable to get broadband for almost a week as there was only one phone link in the house and I did not have a filter, BT put one in the post which took a week to reach me, I think it came by Camel!? apart from that nothing else has changed. After rebooting I got a little power back?

OP
M

mobutler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Think I might have solved the problem, 476 messages on cloud, which I never use, I could not find a way to delete them all, So have turned off in settings I was asked did I want to delete all so I said yes.

OP
M

mobutler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Still losing power rapidly despite closing down cloud, again lost 20 percent overnight all apps were closed. is a new battery expensive and how do I go about it?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
How do you have your email set up? If it's set to Push it will connect and download your email whenever it is received.....I have mine set to manual which means my email is downloaded when I open the mail app.

Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendars - Fetch New Data

ipaddist

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You should watch out for the apps you've downloaded. Some are very battery draining.

Rperez414

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ive heard that leaving your ipad in a hot car can permanently damage the battery. Also, letting it deep freeze in the wintertime.

Most reactions

Latest posts