What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery?

HUNTER1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The first two days I played games, the the battery went down to 20% quick but I thought was reasonable and recharged it. Played games again and the battery discharged to less than 20% at the same rate. But now after I recharged the third time, the battery is lasting more than twice as long even after many hours of playing games. I read that the battery needs conditioning by letting it discharged to less than 20%, is that what happened here? thanks

OP
H

HUNTER1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I meant to put this in the iPad air 2 section. anyway, just wondering why the first two charge were discharging much faster than the charge after that.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I meant to put this in the iPad air 2 section. anyway, just wondering why the first two charge were discharging much faster than the charge after that.

Hi Hunter-I've moved your thread to the ipad Air 2 section now.

Ski

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The first two days I played games, the the battery went down to 20% quick but I thought was reasonable and recharged it. ............I read that the battery needs conditioning by letting it discharged to less than 20%, is that what happened here? thanks

Modern lithium-ion batteries do not need to be 'conditioned' nor do they have 'memory issues' that plagued previous battery technologies (all of my cordless power tools have only Li-Ion batteries now). Apple does suggest a complete discharge/recharge (i.e. complete cycle) about once a month which calibrates battery monitoring properly. Depending on the device (i.e. iPad vs. Macbook), Li-Ion batteries taken through 500-1000 of these cycles will maintain about 80% of their capacity (measured in mAh).

Now, as to your experience w/ rapid and then slower loss of battery power, I have no answer; might have related to the games being played or to other features that were activated, e.g. Wi-Fi/Bluetooth radios on, screen brightness, push notifications, et al? If interested, you might want to obtain a 'battery app' (check the App Store) - I have two on my iPad. At the moment, my iPad Air 2 is 92% charged and the app shows that I can listen to 27 hrs of music, but do just 5 hrs of 3D games. Dave :)

Most reactions