What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery

kluppy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My battery used to last all day. Suddenly, I find that I have to charge my IPad II several times a day. What could be causing that?

wildsdi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Similar problem. I used to charge only once a week when it was new and extensively used. Now I have to charge every 2 days even though usage has reduced. Also of late the ipad is becoming too hot to hold and use. I'll ask for a replacement if the problem worsens.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
wildsdi said:
Similar problem. I used to charge only once a week when it was new and extensively used. Now I have to charge every 2 days even though usage has reduced. Also of late the ipad is becoming too hot to hold and use. I'll ask for a replacement if the problem worsens.

How long have you had your iPad? The reason I ask is that if the battery capacity drops by 50% or more in the first year,it is covered under warranty and you will get a free exchange for a new or refurbished iPad.

wildsdi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's barely 1 month old. How do I test if battery capacity has dropped by 50%?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
wildsdi said:
It's barely 1 month old. How do I test if battery capacity has dropped by 50%?

If you use the iPad in the same way you did when it was new and the battery only lasts half as long then you should take it in to an Apple store for a genius bar appointment.
This thread has some excellent advice on how to test your iPad battery.
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3826762?start=0&tstart=0

Most reactions