What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad artwork bug introduced in IOS 6.0

tezzy_bear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Updating my IOS is getting to be a VERY FRUSTRATING experience. Core features in the IOS keep getting mangled or taken away entirely without warning.
In the recent major update, artwork isn't displaying correctly on my ipad - let me be more precise: the existing artwork displays as it should, but anything I change or add to my ipad won't display the image assigned to it; instead, a random image appears from something else on my ipad. For example, the image displayed for my "Enemy Of The State" movie is the album cover from a Stan Getz album. This is outrageously stupid for a company of Apple's supposed reputation.

What's going on at Apple? Their stock is trading over $600 bucks a share, and they can't afford to get good programming talent? Are they off-shoring their programmers?

Surprisingly, there is a process for people to report bugs to Apple, and this one has been officially reported and recognized. The problem, however, is the lack of feedback about when (or if) Apple will decide to fix it.
There is absolutely no transparency in getting problems like this resolved at Apple. Apple has also known about not being able to display song lyrics on an ipad for quite some time, but they have yet to address it.

So this is why I have to reach out to fellow victims asking if anybody has figured out a way to trick Apple's lame IOS (hate to say this, but I can't help coming to this conclusion) into displaying the correct artwork on an ipad.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is likely because the database generated on your device which indexes the artwork has been corrupted during the upgrade. It is not unheard of and is not specific to IOS6. iTunes upgrades have also been blamed in the past for this.

The easiest way to fix it is to normally connect your iPad to the PC, and choose the option to stop it from syncing any music at all, and press the sync button. That will remove all your music from the device.

Then re-enable the same sync settings you had originally and allow all your music to be put back on the device. That should normally re-build the index and re-align your artwork.

I haven't had this problems since 4.x, but that's what solved it for me ;)

Good luck.

Most reactions