What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad Apple tv very new to it just got it

Reaction score
Just got applets for Christmas I hooked the applets tv up like they tilt me to in the book but how do you mirror your iPad I just don't get it I can not get this AirPlay thing there is an AirPlay button in settons on apple tv but on the iPad I am TOTTALY lost any help will be appreciated I am such an appletv newbie

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is the mirroring icon.....you need to do a four finger swipe or double press the home button to get this screen up the swipe the icons left or right to see the icon.....

The Archangel

Attachments

• image-69857587.png
    image-69857587.png
    582.3 KB · Views: 712
OP
MoreAwsomeThanYouAre
Reaction score
Where is the icon I have no clue what is looks like, where it is, the color of it, where this mysterious icon comes form, nor where to get it thise is the part not well explained on iPad, iPod, nor YouTube ?_?

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MoreAwsomeThanYouAre said:
Where is the icon I have no clue what is looks like, where it is, the color of it, where this mysterious icon comes form, nor where to get it thise is the part not well explained on iPad, iPod, nor YouTube ?_?

Look at the picture in the post above yours above as it shows what the icon is like.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

OP
MoreAwsomeThanYouAre
Reaction score
Thank you but I would appreciate the next step because it still not showing up on my television all I see is the appletv screen that shows up when it first comes on

OP
MoreAwsomeThanYouAre
Reaction score
So I get up to the part where you are supposed to have AirPlay on your iPad how do I get this because mine is missing and I don't have it and where can I get it and where do I get it from and how much does it cost?_?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I get up to the part where you are supposed to have AirPlay on your iPad how do I get this because mine is missing and I don't have it and where can I get it and where do I get it from and how much does it cost?_?

AirPlay is built in to iOS, it is also built in to many apps, just look for the symbol in the image that I posted.

See this attachment too.....

The Archangel

Attachments

• image-1842941454.png
    image-1842941454.png
    441.8 KB · Views: 611
Last edited:
OP
MoreAwsomeThanYouAre
Reaction score
I see that air play button but on the pull down menus for the airyplay to be checked it is mission on my iPad whaer or shall I say how can I get this or enable this or re-enable this

OP
MoreAwsomeThanYouAre
Reaction score
Sorry I kno this is old and I wanted to reply in case some one saw this but my iPad has a glitch the iPad one and once yo press tha I guess it is an envoleoe icon there is supposed to be a mirror button that comes next so it does no hence the glitch so if anyone has the same problem you have a glitch welcome and if you did and fixed it how did yo do this and did this happen when you update it

*i have updated twice and still no mirror button but the iPad 3came out so I was hoping they fixed it along with other problems

Thank you all for your help and to all that got the help the needed

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry I kno this is old and I wanted to reply in case some one saw this but my iPad has a glitch the iPad one and once yo press tha I guess it is an envoleoe icon there is supposed to be a mirror button that comes next so it does no hence the glitch so if anyone has the same problem you have a glitch welcome and if you did and fixed it how did yo do this and did this happen when you update it

*i have updated twice and still no mirror button but the iPad 3came out so I was hoping they fixed it along with other problems

Thank you all for your help and to all that got the help the needed

I think the reason you are not getting responses is because your writing is difficult to read. If I may suggest, be direct, specific and brief when you ask a question.

Now I am not sure what kind of AirPlay the iPad 1 supports but you do have to have a compatible AirPlay device to play to and it must be on the same wifi network as your iPad.

The iPad 3 works very well with AirPlay as long as your wireless network is working well.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
From memory, and without firing up my iPad 1 I'm pretty sure that the iPad 1 supports AirPlay for those apps that have it but not mirroring. The iPad 2 and beyond support AirPlay and mirroring.

So, your iPad 1 will only work with your Apple TV for those apps that specifically support AirPlay although, you might want to try TVout Genie App as this has some additional functionality.

The Archangel

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
From memory, and without firing up my iPad 1 I'm pretty sure that the iPad 1 supports AirPlay for those apps that have it but not mirroring. The iPad 2 and beyond support AirPlay and mirroring.

So, your iPad 1 will only work with your Apple TV for those apps that specifically support AirPlay although, you might want to try TVout Genie App as this has some additional functionality.

The Archangel

Gabriel, your memory serves you well.

Ipad1 and Apple TV interaction is indeed limited to only apps that are air play capable, and that number is not significant if MY memory is correct.

I have solid recall because my entry into the Apple ecosystem included two purchases...the ipad1 and 2nd generation Apple TV. I was under the mistaken impression (and deservedly so) that the two interacted much more than I thought.

On the bright side Apple TV out of the box and independent of the iPad knocked my socks off. Netflix, you tube, and podcast functions I put to immediate and repeated use.

Now I have the new iPad an am seriously considering the 3rd generation Apple TV primarily because of the increased resolution capabilities.

I wonder....would there be potential benefit in having two Apple TVs along with two iPads? I suppose the potential is there to play an air play enabled multiplayer game using the iPads and their associated Apple TVs as the displays. I'm technophobic enough to seek out what is likely the one app that does this AND is not so resource intensive that an ipad1 can run it. With my luck that game would be pong or if I'm really fortunate checkers or chess. Now if I'm REALLY lucky Battleship, photo hunt, Trivial pursuit or other interactive games would work and make for great party entertainment!

And now so to make this rambling post completely irrelevant will someone please tell me why "You don't know Jack" has yet to be reborn for iOS? I mean really it's a no brainer.....literally!! What a perfect game for multiple iPads it would make!

OP
MoreAwsomeThanYouAre
Reaction score
I have figured out the answer ipad1 can only use your music on apple tv there is no mirroring on iPad 1 because the iPad 1 is not fast , mirroring is only for gene 2 and above

Most reactions

Latest posts