What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad apps Pages and Numbers updates not compatible

Shatob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just updated my iPad 2. I already had the Pages and Numbers apps on it. There are updates available on the App Store but when I went to update there was a message that the apps are now incompatible with this iPad. Aren't these Apple apps? Am I doing something wrong?

jonnyjones6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Shatob said:
I just updated my iPad 2. I already had the Pages and Numbers apps on it. There are updates available on the App Store but when I went to update there was a message that the apps are now incompatible with this iPad. Aren't these Apple apps? Am I doing something wrong?

The same has happened to me, cannot update pages or iMovie, and it will not let me download pages or keynote. Seems like there are a few people with this problem?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Guys - sorry for your problems, but you both might want to be more specific about what iPad2 updating was done, i.e. a 4.x to another 4.x or 5.0 iOS? Thanks and good luck - :)

P.S. I have iWorks on my iPad2 so will concern me depending on the updating (upgrading) done!

Maxine_C

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I experienced the same problem trying to download updates to Keynote, Numbers and Pages today - managed to download 8 other updates without problem though!

Milliebert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I upgraded from iOS 4.3.5 to iOS 5, once my iPad 2 was restored, I went straight to App Store and the downloads were available for a few apps, including all of the iWorks suite. They downloaded with no probs, so maybe reset the iPad, and try again?

Richard Roberts

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had the same problem with 2 iPad 2's today, updated many other Apps but would not update Pages or Numbers stating that they were not compatible. Has anyone found an answer yet as I had tried resetting my iPad to see if this would get around the issue but it made no difference.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Richard Roberts said:
I have had the same problem with 2 iPad 2's today, updated many other Apps but would not update Pages or Numbers stating that they were not compatible. Has anyone found an answer yet as I had tried resetting my iPad to see if this would get around the issue but it made no difference.

Are you on iOS 5 as this is required for the new iWork updates?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ricmid8546 said:
I have the same problem but how do you upgrade to OS5?

Download/upgrade to the latest version of iTunes to your PC then connect your iPad to your computer and follow the on screen instructions in iTunes.

Most reactions

Latest posts